“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sweimah
Amman, Jordan
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I booked a room through a travel agency, when I called to confirm the room, I gave them the confirmation number, they said there is no such number, I asked them to try by name they refused, I told them there must be a way you can confirm my reservation! After several attempts they agreed to look by the name, and told us that there's no reservation for us! I asked them to check again, and after a while they confirmed it! I was about to call the travel agency and embarrass myself! We arrived, the check in took forever, the receptionist didn't really know what she was doing, even the way she directed us to our room was misleading, and they almost begged us to change our room from pool view to sea view, which I think was done to save them from a mistake they made earlier, anyway, we got to the room, it had one towel, and one shampoo, one conditioner, and one shower gel... When we called the housekeeping to bring us the missing items, they brought us 3 extra towels!
The pools were big and nice, the hotel in general is ok. The staff are so rude and clueless! They are not trained at all, they are the kind of people you find in shops in Jabal Al Hussain!
For breakfast, I asked 2 waiters to get me some tissues, they ignored me and gave me fake promises, they'd say sure just a second, and then I see them go do other stuff! I ended up going myself to search for tissues, I mean a 5 stars hotel, doesn't have tissues for breakfast, not even napkins! The breakfast was really bad, variety wise it was really poor, and it wasn't even tasty, they had a pot with the label "grilled mushroom" when I opened it was sauteed canned mushroom, they had "Hashbrowns" but inside they had grilled baby potato! And instead of "smoked turkey" they had the basic Mortadella! & they only had live station for eggs! And we had to stand in line for that, it's nice to have live station, but since eggs are what 90% of people have for breakfast, they should have an easier and more accessible option, not limit it to the live station.
The bed and the blanket were too small, my husband and I are tiny but it was too small for us! We woke up more than once to adjust our sleep, it was one of the worst sleeping experience we had!
The value is just awful 250 jds for a night with this kind of service and quality is just so not worth it! I would go to swim only but not stay the night! Plus there's no variety of restaurants! We had to go to the Marriott for dinner!

To sum it up, it's not bad, but we will never go there again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CPR_Jordan_DeadSea, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear NaditaAnathema

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor in connection with your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort and for sharing your positive as well as constructive comments.

On behalf of Crowne Plaza Team, I would like to apologize once more for the dissatisfaction during your recent stay. I hope you will not let this one stay tarnish your perception of our Hotel
We appreciate your good comments about our pools and are glad you liked the hotel.

Through your comments we can improve our operation and detect the areas that need further upgrade and training, as our primary goal is to ensure that our guests are always content with the services they receive at our Hotel.

Best Regards
Firas Irsheidat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We arrived here after a few days in the desert and then Petra. We felt completely rejuvenated by the end of the stay. Smooth check in and check out. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. This hotel was recently built and it shows as everything worked. We had a small problem as we could hear music from the speaker in the ceiling, but after a phone call a man came round armed with a screwdriver and fixed it!

Breakfast was a grand spread of international and arabic food. Kids seemed to enjoy the pancakes! The spa charges 15JD per person if you're staying at the hotel to use the hydropools, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a pool with water from the dead sea. The spa was excellent value for money as it's huge and there are relatively few people in it. In addition they offer treatments. All the pools were excellent and never seemed overpopulated though the number of guests does increase from Thursdays as more locals travel up to stay over the weekend. The standard of service was excellent from the start of our stay to the end and in all areas of the hotel. In short, cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr_m0j0

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and making recommendation of our Resort here on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a relaxing holiday. Hope to see you back!

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

What more do you ask for in your vacation beside
great staff and services
lovely rooms
great facilities

Crown has it all. I am a frequent visitor and love this place.
Prices can be a bit higher than other hotels" the only drawback", other than that you will find friendly staff, smiling and ready to help on whatever you need.
guys that can make a difference in your stay ( I can't recall all their names) Ammar Jaradat, Saher and Mohammed at the pool... Even the security guard at the gate and entrance treat you as you are entering home

love the place, keep it up.. I used to prefer Movenpick for their friendly staff but crown did set a new level.

Room Tip: Sea-view: cheaper , less noise, more private, located in the middle between sea and pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Taz A

I am very happy that we were able to provide you with relaxing holiday at the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay. Please let me know if you can visit us again. We would be delighted to have you back!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had an overall good experience. We used our Entertainer voucher for buy one get one free. Our first room had a strong scent of smoke. I called to change rooms and was informed that they had no extra rooms but will send staff to spray the room. My wife then got on the phone and was stern that we needed a different room and they then "found" an open room. The reason I give a 3 star rating is due to them not being honest/straight forward about the availability of the room. The room and facilities provided were nice. They have nice beach access to the Dead Sea and staff that put the "mud" on you. They also have a huge pool for all ages and an adult infinity pool that overlooks the dead sea. I would suggest this hotel for people if they have a voucher but I couldn't justify paying full price for what was provided.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jon E

Thank you very much for posting your detailed comments about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, and please accept my sincere apologies if we fell short of your expectations.

The issues related to rooms availability are well below our norms and unacceptable standards, and will be immediately addressed.

We all look forward to having you with us again to experience the improvement and highest service standards that you rightfully expect from Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort.

Best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is an amazing resort with amazing pools and restaurants. The room we stayed was on a third floor with an amazing view of the Dead Sea and the pool area. The suite we stayed had a comfortable living room,nice balcony facing the pool and a very comfortable separate bedroom and bathroom.There's also half a bath by the entrance door. There's no elevators, this could be a problem for small children or elderly if staying on upper floors. The Spa is beautiful with a nice, tranquil ambience and a restaurant, shop and gym inside. Great for couples or families with children.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear 12Piba12

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your detailed review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you again in the future at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance with another stay.

Best Regards
Nazareth, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I decided to come here upon recommendation from a friend, and considering the significant price difference compared to the Marriott, where we usually stay. We were really satisfied with our decision.

Pros: The hotel is beautiful, well organized, clean, and boasts a variety of amenities. The main pool is huge, and the spa is simply amazing. The beach is convenient and cozy. I liked that the lobby bar is open 24 hours and offers quite a rich menu. The food in general at the hotel is very good, with a branch of the famous "Burj El Hamam" Lebanese restaurants - serving delicious Lebanese cuisine. Free wifi around the hotel is a major plus. The list actually goes on!
Cons: small issues, such as the pool music being too "corny", mainly guitar instrumentals!!! Service could be better. They guys at the restaurants couldn't handle the pressure and the orders took quite long to arrive - if at all!

Summary: thumbs up for this resort. We'll be back next year!

Stayed April 2014
Dear Zuhairfn

Thank you for visiting Crowne Plaza Resort Dead Sea and for posting such a great review of your time with us. I was so pleased to see how much you enjoyed pools ,beach & spa facilities and your time in our Lebanese restaurant Burj Al Hammam .

I am sorry to see the note about the pool music and will share this comment with our team so that they can review the appropriate way to manage such situation. Thank you for pointing this out.

Please let us know the next time you plan on visiting and so we can personally welcome you back to the lowest point on Earth.

Many thanks and regards,
Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The best time to spend sun, DJ, food, swimming wow! A lot of pools here n dead sea bt ull nvr enjoy ur time like the infinity pool @ elgrito the best time n ur life! Am so sure that i wl repeat it again soon!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Jihad-arikat

I am very happy that we were able to provide you with relaxing holiday at the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay. Please let me know if you can visit us again. We would be delighted to have you all back!

Firas Irsheidat

Been to Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!