Just returned from a three night stay at the Crowne Plaza. We chose this hotel mainly because we had vouchers from the Entertainer Travel book and were pleased with our choice (if using vouchers bear in mind that they don't include breakfast). Overall a very enjoyable experience.
- Check in was super fast and efficient and we were kindly upgraded to two better rooms
- The breakfast buffet is really good tho as other reviewers have mentioned service was hit and miss. Our first morning tea and coffee was served straight away, second morning we waited for ages and had to flag someone down and then send the tea back which was cold. Also there is an extra charge for a double expresso? Really should just be included in the price!
- The main swimming pool is huge and lovely
- The promenade area is great
- The sea area was lovely, nice friendly life guard, plenty of loungers and shade and mud. Floating in the Dead Sea is a great experience
- The staff on the whole were great. My older mother had an accident whilst we were there, tripped and fell over at night time, the staff especially the on site nurse were very attentive and helpful with treating her and for that we were very grateful
- We had room service the first night and were impressed with the quality and speed although as always the vegetarian menu options were very limited and could be improved
- Taxi service back to the airport was very nice and a safe driver which is always appreciated
Areas for improvement
- Well the flies drove us mad!! Not sure that there is anything that the hotel can do about it really but outside, particularly near the main pool, they were just relentless and drove you insane!
- The lower pool is lovely and has less flies but it is heated to 36 degrees? Its like swimming in a bath! Don't understand why it needs to be so hot, its not refreshing at all. This is the pool with the nicer view and less flies but the water is just not enjoyable at that heat
- The music played around the pools particularly the upstairs pool, 90's disco pop played at top volume all day. More than once we asked them to turn it off which they did but invariably it came back on. It is in no way relaxing to lie by the pool having New Kids on the Block blaring out of a speaker above your head!
- We found the rooms very noisy. They all come straight off a common outdoor area and early in the morning we seemed to have an endless stream of excited kids running around outside our room making a lot of noise. We had had a long few days at Petra and wanted to catch up on sleep but were woken up by all the noise far too early for our liking. You can also hear everything from the people above you and either side, the acoustic treatment in the rooms is not good.
- Whilst the staff were all lovely many of them did not speak good enough English which became frustrating
- We arranged a late check out for 2pm for both our rooms the night before but of course when we came back to the rooms at 12.30pm our key cards had been switched off, meaning that we had to hang around waiting for someone to come and let us in in our swim suits. This is always frustrating when you are trying to get ready to leave and have already arranged the late check out, the access should be arranged accordingly
- I was a little disappointed with the spa, the services offered. There was no specific pregnancy massage which I felt was a shortcoming. The only person that could do a pregnancy massage was the male physiotherapist which I wasn't all that comfortable with being pregnant. In the end I went with the treatment and it was actually really very good, although they didn't have the proper pregnancy pillows which would have made it more comfortable. Would recommend that this is improved, most pregnant females would prefer a female therapist trained properly and provided with the proper pillows. It seemed like the spa was still finding its feet a little in its service offerings and could be improved, eg the little touches like an eye pillow during the massage were missing. The facilities inside the spa were excellent
- Apart from the breakfast the rest of the food was a little disappointing for us. We had salads for lunch from the pool restaurant and had to send it all back, the salads were both dripping in so much dressing they were inedible and the banana smoothies were made with a huge amount of banana syrup rather than real bananas and were too sweet to drink. Once it was all remade it was much better but it was an effort to get it right!
As I said on the whole we were very happy with our stay, the hotel is quite new so am making the above points for feedback for the management as they continue to improve their service.
If they could do something about the flies outside, we would definitely return to this hotel. Even if they can't.......well, maybe!!
Ask for an upgrade at check in! We did and received one, thank you!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort.
Though we are glad to hear that your overall experience in staying with us, especially with our Rooms , Breakfast and the Pool have been delightful.
We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that your valuable comments have been seriously shared with the management of concerned departments.
On behalf of Crowne Plaza Team, I would like to apologize once more for the dissatisfaction during your recent stay. I hope you will not let this one stay tarnish your perception of our hotel.
We all look forward to having you with us again to experience the improvement and highest service standards that you rightfully expect from Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.