“Nice hotel for Dead Sea location” 4 of 5 stars

Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Dead Sea Road | PO Box 815538, Sweimah 11180, Jordan   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweimah
Isle of Man
“Nice hotel for Dead Sea location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Arrived into Amman on tour about midnight so it was 2-30am by time we arrived. Excellent buffet breakfast- good choice of dishes. The rooms re in main building and then smaller units heading down to pools and ultimately sea at bottom. It was windy and quite rough so we did not actually swim, which may have been a shame. Room was comfortable, nice beds and bathroom but room overlooked the car park. Clearly an hour away from Amman so it is great for Dead Sea but need to travel on for other sights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from the Dead Sea!

We are delighted to read that our team of the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea was able to meet your expecations and that positive memories of your visit have remained with you.

Our resort is 40 minutes from Amman, however, we do have a Hertz desk in our lobby and we are more than happy to arrange any trips all around Jordan for our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon again.

Barbara Steinort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent three nights chilling whilst on business in Jordan, got an excellent last minute rate. On the plus side the rooms were well spread out in the style of a village. Plenty of choice in pools and of course an opportunity to take a dip in the Dead Sea. The Jewel in the crown for me was the Infinity Pool so relaxing, with great views over the Dead Sea and fantastic when illuminated at night. I was lucky as I had the pool to myself during my visit, well worth the extra few quid to use.
The meals were good but a little expensive but I would visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for posting your more than kind review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking your time to recommend our Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.

Our team looks forward to your next visit and I can assure you now already of our best care.

Yours truly,

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived, a party of 114, from Amman airport in wee small hours, luggage being swiftly moved to our rooms, where sandwiches were awaiting us. Early to the water for 'swim' in Dead Sea before excellent breakfast while luggage collected. Party efficiently packed off for Bethany beyond the Jordan. An excellent and enjoyable introduction to Jordan. We may well be back for a stay of a few days.

Room Tip: Ours were down the main route to the pools and the Dead Sea and were modern and attractive with easy...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

I am more than happy to hear that your group has been welcomed so smoothly and that your stay was overall very enjoyable.

It was of pleasure being of service to you and we wish to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hamburg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was very shocked to see how poorly this hotel is managed. Foods were horrible with no taste, extraordinary expensive, The outdoor are full of flies all over and waiters are careless. Beach were not well mainteined. Above all, the Herts car service was terrible. Most of cars were over 280,000 miles on it and our car stopped in the middle of desert. We were in the road more than 3 hours, missed the dinner time. The reception did not care about my story, no sympathy. I asked coutersy fruit cut but it was charged as room service with more then $27.00 a plate. It was less than 1/3 of apple on the plate. I will never revisit this hotel and I am telling everyone not to use this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Kind greetings from the Dead Sea!

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with regards to your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us and that you were disappointed with our service and facilities. Furthermore, please note that the car from Petra to the Dead Sea was not charged to you as a courtesy and as an apology for the hassle you had to go through.

Moreover, please note that currently we do not have many flies around our resort and that our pest control is truly doing their best to decrease the number of flies and to avoid any disturbance of our guests.

I would wish that you would give the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea another chance to prove the teams commitment to hospitality.

Yours truly,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff at the reception are not professional enough to work at a five star hotel as the movenpick. The prices are super expensive for a very bad quality. Service is poor, food is horrible, not to mention the old fashioned rooms and the dirty pools! Simply, we will not come back again!!

• Stayed March 2013
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from the Dead Sea!

We appreciate receiving your feedback, however, I would be very thankful if you would let me know in details what has occurred during your stay as it seems as if we were not able to meet your expectations at all. I would be more than happy if you would write me an email (Barbara.Steinort@moevenpick.com) in order for us to investigate all matters and find a suitable solution.

Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My favourite hotel has been going down for a while. The most beautiful location and most wonderful set up has lately been attracting the wrong sort of visitors, its rooms are not looked after the swimming pools are full of the clothed swimmers and its prices are sky rocketing. I used to be proud of being a member of the Movenpick club enjoying a coffee and ice cream with my family on the terrace but now I am so sad to see it in that state ...

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker emphasize on that in your request.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from the Dead Sea!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you have stayed in our hotel several times over the years, thank you for being a loyal guest to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.

Please be informed that we have noted your feedback accordingly and we would also like to let you know that we do have a soft room renovation scheduled for this year, to uprade and refresh our rooms. Moreover, our life guards pay strict attention to our guests using the recreation area and they do politely inform guests, that swimming with clothes is not permitted and request them to change. However, our Recreation Manager will emphasize on this mentioned point even more.

I would very much appreciate if you would let me know personally if you decide to return to our resort in the future, as I will ensure you with our best care.

Kind regards,

Beirut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Everything looks old in this hotel. The lobby, the common areas and the rooms!! I went for a seminar, and I had a room in the main building. The room was ugly, dusty and very old. I had the water tank trucks under my window the whole night with their engine turning!!! The detergent used in the corridors make the floor slippery ( i had two of my friends falling down!!).
The food in the restaurant is terrible, especially the buffets. Every thing closes early. For The beach and the pools you are not allowed too go walk around at sunset!!!). The spa is ok but not the best I've ever seen.

The staff is young and need a desperate training . Most of them can not direct you to your room i f you are lost.
I would not go back a for a break

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the main building, you can end up facing the highway. Very exotic!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Kind greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments and feedback of your recent visit at our hotel.

We would like to inform you that our restaurants do close at 10:30pm - 11:00pm, however, our 'Valley Cafe' and 'Al Khayyam Bar' remain open until midnight. Furthermore we do certainly allow guests to watch the sunset from the beach, however, after 9pm we close our pool and beach side to ensure the security of our guests (as no lifeguards are available after this time). Moreover, we do display the layout and design of our resort very well on our website, in order for our guests to have a good insight.

I do apologize that your expectations with regards to your stay were not met. We have noted your feedback of the service, the food & beverage offers and your room. We have shared your review with our team in order to improve the mentioned points and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you encountered.

I would wish that you would give us another opportunity to prove you our commitment to hospitality and our 5 Star service.

Barbara Steinort

Been to Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea? Share your experiences!