I stayed here to heal my eczema and I am glad that i chose the Marriott compared to the 3 other hotels. It is certainly a place to relax and rejuvenate, and I will go back here when I go back to the Dead Sea.
The Indian buffet is so yummy, compliments to the chef. The rooms are big and try and get a room with a big balcony overlooking the pools or the Dead sea, Room 280 or Room 426, the views are lovely. The beds were also so comfortable, I just sank into them, so cosy and soft!. I was a bit obsessed with the desserts section and the apple pie from room service.
Overall I was impressed with the high standards of the hotel and the staff. A big Thanks to all the staff there who made my stay very comfortableIf you are looking for a place to relax, rejuvenate and just be, then this is the place to stay. If you are looking for crazy nightlife, this isnt the place to stay. Do make a point to visit Petra, Mount Nebo and all the other sites as they are also beautiful. As a lady going there on my own, i was apprehensive at first but I can say that I had no problems and felt very safe. I went home better, the Dead sea area has the best sun you can get, you can sunbathe for most of the day and will not burn, and the air is rich in oxygen and unpolluted, the Dead sea is full of health giving minerals.
Staff are very very friendly, smiling and saying hello and made my stay comfortable
Overall the hotel design is beautiful overlooking the Dead sea watching the sunset go down everday
The Dead sea is peaceful and serene, and the beach has high quality shower and bathroom facilities nearby on site after your floating session !
The Spa facilities are fantastic, sauna, jacuzzi, steam, and dead sea water indoor pool, and a fitness centre
Food is exceptional, the breakfast buffet, Italian and the main resturant have a wide range of choice for both health conscious but also scrumptious pastries to indulge
The last pool is open till late for night swimming, gorgeous in the warm night...
Rooms cleaned everyday and little touches like dates and fruit sent to room made such a difference
Lots of tv channels, including 24 hr movie channel
Sunset terrace private areas for men and women, so you can sunbathe freely and there is a small pool to refresh yourself and shower facilities
Belly dancer at night and makes for some entertainment
Also very safe, I left my belongings, like some money out and my MP3 on my bed and it was still there when I got back
Not much night entertainment in the hotel (however ok for me as I was there to relax)
There is no town outside the hotel, the nearest is Amman which is 1 hour away by taxi, so no nightlife or local shops available within walking distance
The hotel shop is very expensive and there are no local shops within walking distance - try and get provisions when you go into Amman
They have 10% service charge and 16% govt tax so I recommend going half board so the added hassle of paying for dinner etc. is taken care of in advance
Hertz hotel taxis are expensive - try and get reception to organise you local taxi rate into town or trips
Trips to Petra, Mount Nebo etc. are a must to go to but quite expensive to organise from the hotel, try and arrange to go with a group while you are there
If you are staying for a short time i.e. 2 days, try and come mid week as it is quieter and less busy as most local Jordianians from Amman come on weekends
Request half board so you dont have to worry about paying for dinner - one of the resturants do a buffet every night and has different choices e.g. Indian, Arabic, Mexican etc.
Go for the Happy hour from 6pm where the drinks are half price
Swim in the third Infinity pool overlooking the Dead sea
Buy your souvenirs from the Holy Gift lands factory outlet, cheaper, a taxi drive can take you there
If you are coming here for a skin condition, I recommend seeing Dr. Kanaan in the Movenpick Therapy clinic in the hotel next door, see advice at the start of the holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea