We are loyal Starwood preferred guests but when we realized the Le Merdien is on the Dead Sea but in Israel, not Jordan, we sucked it up and paid to stay at this hotel. My husband found a great deal for $250/nt half board. We were towards the end of our 18-day trip and this was definitely the best hotel we stayed in the whole time.
While the service is still not on par with European or American 5-star hotels, it was so much better than elsewhere in Jordan or in Egypt. They seemed to go above and beyond, for example when we called to make an early wake up call and order a breakfast-box before our day trip, they also offered to bring us coffee and tea and did, along with an English newspaper.
The resort itself is awesome, great public areas, multiple pools, a beach and of course the sea. It was so much fun to do the mud and float in the dead sea, although wear dark colored swim suits as I had to throw away one of mine that turned orange where the mud had touched it. The pool-side service for drinks was excellent as well, definitely a change from our previous stops.
The room was nice, definitely more personality than a Hilton, but still fairly neutral design-wise. It was pretty spacious, had large closets and the bathroom was average sized; good towels though and great bath products. We asked for a second luggage rack and they sent one over right away, something the Sheraton Sharm could not do a week earlier. The TV had a decent selection of English channels as well.
We were especially impressed with the food, usually resort restaurants like this are average at best, but there were numerous places to choose from and every meal we had was good. My husband loved Champions sports bar which seemed pretty authentic and the food was good, but not great.
The Italian restaurant was great too and while they didn't mention it was included in HB, when we asked directly they said it was. We got a 3-course dinner, salad, pasta for me, meat for my husband and then dessert. I had a sensitive stomach after some of these meals though and although my salad was delicious and looked great too, you still need to be careful with salads being washed in local water. My husband also had a salad though and had no issues so it could just depend on the person.
The breakfast was excellent, made to order omlettes and fresh pancakes, lots of choices and definitely filled me up until dinner. Good service here too.
We ate at the steak restaurant as well, although it wasn't included on our half board. Very good service, although seemed like they were trying really hard, wasn't natural. Innovative food, good appetizers and bread, good wine, but we had to send back my husband's steak as it was not cooked to medium rare. Mine was order the same (but different cut of steak) and came out perfect. Just emphasize exactly how you want it cooked b/c even the second steak just qualified as medium rare but a moment more would have ruined it. Regardless, both of us agreed it was delicious.
Even when we ate at the buffet for dinner one night it was good. We got there very late, about 10 and there was still plenty of options and actually a lot more choices (and better quality) than I usually get at buffets. The service for drinks was good as well. Oh and I love all the non-mangy cats cruising the property too! I'm sure you're not supposed to feed them but I couldn't resist!
We used the spa and got the massage and facial combos and both my husband and I had great treatments. In fact, my hot stone massage was the best I've ever had. I think the masseuse's name was Sharim or something like that. She was great. The spa area was excellent as well, the room had the right lighting and music and the larger areas were well done as well. My husband complained that his sauna and steam room were not hot enough though.
The only other slight complaint was the lounge chairs -- they're sectional so the bottom part is always sliding down when you're laying on it, definitely not idea. But it was nice that we had a pool view room with a little patio with 2 chairs so we could be right outside our room.
Also note, Fridays are very busy and lots of people that aren't staying at the hotel pay to come to the pool. There are certain pool that are still reserved just for guests but if you're planning a day away from the hotel, I would leave on Fridays, otherwise get up early to get chairs. We had no problems on other days.
I would 100% recommend this hotel and wish we could've stayed longer, it was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa