Well, for $700/night for the 2 bedroom suite, you really know how the other half lives!! This hotel is a luxury resort hotel. It's a bit difficult to find from the road. First, you have to bring your reservation in order to gain entry to the parking lot. They check under your car for bombs too, which is very nice. Entry to the hotel also involves metal detectors, but they aren't so fussy about those.
But this place is beautiful!!
The 2-level, 2-bedroom suite was beauitful. Downstairs was an open plan with a very comfortable living room and balcony overlooking the pools. Upstairs were 2 bedrooms with ensuites. Beds were very comfortable and luxurious.
The restaurants were quite expensive, but there was a wide range of dining cuisines available. Some had live entertainment. The pools were fantastic, including an infinity pool overlooking the Dead Sea. There were also different temperature pools. Finally, walking down through the sun chair area, the hotel had a private beach on the Dead Sea. Staff provided dead sea mud in large pottery containers, which you could smear yourself with (and well worth the effort!). Then you could float in the Dead Sea, which was an incredible experience!!
Breakfasts were very good, but make sure it's included in your package, otherwise that might lighten your wallet a bit more. Otherwise, on entry of the breakfast room, you are asked what your room includes. There is a huge assortment of pastries, fruit, juices, breads, hot foods that are prepared by the chefs for you, etc. Breakfast is a very busy and noisy affair, lots of large families with children, so it's quite a jostling experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa