Having visited Petra we were happy to have 4 nights relaxing here with stunning views of the Dead Sea across to Palestine.
We arrived and the manager was very kind and helpful as were the reception staff..security was tight understandably ..so no issue with bag check etc. As a gold elite member they upgraded us to a room with a view of the pool and sea and included breakfast for us which was unexpected given it is a resort. Free wifi also was great too.
There are lots of pools terrific for kids and lots of them there but the nice thing was only adults over 18 can use the infinity pool which IMO had the best views and was nearer the beach area. I even had a swim in it unusual for me as I don't like pools other than to sit beside lol.
The food was terrific here..I hardly ate any breakfast in the other hotels we visited usually just had toast or a pastry and some fruit but here they made amazing omelettes and their muesli with milk already added was so nice it is something I plan on doing now back home..usually to me muesli is like cardboard this was creamy and delicious. Lots of choice of fruit etc too and Arabic style breakfast of humous.olives etc.
We also had a couple of snack lunches in the bar ..mezze was good and Champions was the usual American style food.
For dinner we ate in their steak house ..a bit more expensive but well worth it for the quality of food..the following night we chose to eat on the terrace in the Italian restaurant..that too was excellent and the views were to die for across the Dead Sea. Just be aware mosquitoes are very active there so plaster yourself with mossie repellent I had 13 bites just from that one night..sigh.
We had dinner in the steak house again the following night..and my husband ordered wine we had had before..not realizing it wasn't on their wine list the waitress and staff ran all over to find the wine for us we did wonder what was happening..but were so impressed they did this rather than say sorry we don't have any..think the waitress name was Syshelle
On our last night we had the BBQ which was expensive at 40Jd per head BUT the food was fantastic and would have had again..lobster prepared to your taste I love zubaidi which is a fish I have only ever had in the Middle East...then I had lamb and steak..salad etc...too full to eat any desert but ice cream sorbet etc available.
There isn't much to see or do here other than eat and swim and relax my husband had a massage in the spa which was pleasant ..not much in the area other than resorts and the views...which suited us for a few days on a busy trip.
I would recommend and go back if we return again to Jordan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotel.de, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa