Hi guys!I have just ended my stay with Marriott Dead sea in Jordan and I can share with u my experience:
Location:5stars,on the shores of the Dead Sea,opposite Israel.
Geographical expl.:hotel on the highest terrace of the hill that represents the shoreline,the beach for sunbathing one level below,the actual shoreline without sand but with beautifully coloured rocks and with the famous treatment mud one more level below.
Restaurants:the usual Marriott brands with great quality of food and appropriate service.
Bathroom:5stars with 4 stars ammenities.
Pool area :5 stars
Service:slow, to very slow.Too many Management guys,too few waiters.
Connectivity:free internet in lobby area and some rooms in the lobby vicinity and also in some restaurants.
And,since it seems to good to be true....the bad part..the prices....
HUGE!!!!And I am not joking.The food is priced like inParis.I have actually paid the same price in one of Ducasse restaurants on Champs Elysee,with 2 Michelin stars , like in the Terrazza restaurant in this Marriott.Bottom line:if money is no object this is a great hotel.Otherwise,very poor value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa