We stayed here in the end of January which is the low season with only a little amount of guests. The water of the Dead Sea was still warm, so we could enjoy the "seafront" all by ourselves and be the only ones floating around.
The hotel is huge and I don't want to imagine what it is like during peak season. What turned out to be the biggest problem here (this accounts for all the resorts next door: Kempinski, Hilton, Moevenpick) is the lack of absolutely any kind of shop in the surrounding areas / walking distance. For 10km in both directions there is not a single shop / supermarket / restaurant. This means you have to eat all your meals in the hotel. Not that the food is not good, but during our stay only two restaurants were open (low season). Unless you bring your own stuff in advance and don't have a rental car you have to drink from the mini bar (5 USD for a can of Pepsi, compared to 0.30 USD for a can of Coke in a shop / supermarket).
There is free Wi-Fi in the public areas. The breakfast buffet is very good. We stayed for 2 nights which was still okay but a third night would have been too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa