We stayed there for one night after arriving in the country that morning, and we then departed for Petra the next day. Our reason for staying at the Dead Sea was to experience swimming in it and also to enjoy the lovely setting, and also to visit Mount Nebo and the Baptsim site which are both nearby.
Like all the main resort hotels in the area, the Holiday Inn is now perched well above the sea level, which has fallen dramatically over the past few years, but that is not their fault. The beaches are far from lovely, but with some beach shoes (strongly recommended) the hotel beach provides a good a location as you can get anywhere for a swim (or float).
The layout of the hotel is great, with tiered pools leading down to the beach, and the rooms are just what you would expect froma 5 star hotel - fresh, clean and everthing worked.
We ate in two resaraunts '393' was the steak/fine dining restaraunt but we found it also did some very reasonably priced bar type meals. The main buffet restaurant provided a great breakfast buffet. Ours was included in the room rate, which I strongly recommend, as it would be expensive otherwise.
I have noticed a few comments crtical of the staff training and standards. We didn't have any major issues, although did need to ask twice for the third bed in our room that we had pre-booked, and again for a third set of towels. However, this was not a major issue and would not put me off staying here again in the future.
As I am sure most people do, I compared the prices of the main hotels, (Movenpick, Marriot etc) on the same strip, and the price we got here was significantly cheaper, and having stayed at the others before, I didn't feel that we had downgraded by staying at the Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trio of interconnecting, palm-fringed swimming pools leads from our contemporary Arabesque-style hotel to the warm therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea. Enjoy sea and mountain views from the balcony or terrace of your room and indulge in mineral-rich Dead Sea salt treatments in our cozy & relaxing spa. You'll find the family-friendly Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea just 40 minutes by taxi from Queen Alia International Airport. You can host events from gala dinners by the pool to conferences in our 4 modern meeting rooms. Surf the web with complimentary wireless Internet in the chic marble Lobby, or log on to PCs in our Business Centre. The resort also offers complimentary valet parking. Enjoy a relaxing yoga class in Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea's MiniGym while fun activities and a trampoline keep the kids amused. You can listen to live music while sipping cocktails at beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Hotel Dead Sea Region
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Jordan