I booked at this hotel because it's new and I have been to all the other Hotels at the dead sea. Anyone who stays at this hotel should not set too high expectations ( like I did due to some reviews I read), this is a 4 start not five star hotel and is semi publicly owned , I will walk you through my stay for 1 night at a near swimming pool room:
Once you arrive at the hotel you need to get all your luggage scanned, ok with me but don't put a stupid sign saying "Food & Beverages are not allowed". The checking in was quick but again they asked for a an Id for both me and my wife !! again something that wouldn't happen to you at a five star hotel in Jordan. we got a nice room that was not overseeing the pool but was still very close to the pool. There were like 4 pools ( I think) and 3 of them were designed with kids in mind , the last one is just for grownups . water and all other facilities in this hotel were very clean. The hotel has shortage in Tanning beds and we had to wait almost for an hour to get two beds but after a direct complain at the reception to the manager on duty that was resolved and was dealt with professionally and even we had our first round of drinks for free. the Beach ( which I believe is the most important thing if you visit the dead sea for the first time) was clean and the sand almost to the water , lots of black mud ( this mud gets packed and sold all over the world and here you have it for free ). Once you enter the water so you need to be careful as your feet will sink for few inches ( or more) at some spots. make sure to watch the sunset and have your camera ready it's an amazing view., so to rate my experience :
Rooms: Clean and nice modern furniture ( 4 stars(
Food: Breakfast variety was great and more than sufficient, I which only that there was a nonsmokers area in the outside sitting. (5 stars)
Service: was great everywhere except at the pool : waiters are terrible and either you don't find them or they ignore your order. Same for the guys that should get you the towels and tanning beds , there was a mix of ignorance and unprofessionalism , I guess that was the worst thing about this hotel and maybe a reason I would have second thoughts about next time. ( 2 stars)
Still I managed to have a great weekend with my family and enjoy the indescribable experience of floating on the dead sea's mineral rich oily water.
My guideline is if the price difference between this 4 star hotel and the other 5 star hotels is not too big go for the 5 star hotels , you will feel the difference in the quality of service mainly and the luxury of the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trio of interconnecting, palm-fringed swimming pools leads from our contemporary Arabesque-style hotel to the warm therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea. Enjoy sea and mountain views from the balcony or terrace of your room and indulge in mineral-rich Dead Sea salt treatments in our cozy & relaxing spa. You'll find the family-friendly Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea just 40 minutes by taxi from Queen Alia International Airport. You can host events from gala dinners by the pool to conferences in our 4 modern meeting rooms. Surf the web with complimentary wireless Internet in the chic marble Lobby, or log on to PCs in our Business Centre. The resort also offers complimentary valet parking. Enjoy a relaxing yoga class in Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea's MiniGym while fun activities and a trampoline keep the kids amused. You can listen to live music while sipping cocktails at beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Hotel Dead Sea Region
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Jordan