We had zeroed in for our family holiday @ Poovar Island Resort based on word of mouth from a couple of references.
We split up the holiday into both the Premium cottages as well as Land Cottages. Both are very good rooms - though the Premium Cottage didn't seem to justify the price tag associated. Could not make the full use of the Jacussi in Premium Cottages due to a foul smell coming from the water of the Jacussi @ certain times (which maybe due to the tide of the sea). The balcony in the cottages are good.
The resort is the ideal place to relax, relax and relax. The property is very vast and very well maintained by the dedicated staff. The strategic placing of hammocks, Mango orchards, the kids play area, Yoga centre, Gymnasium, Swimming Pool. Well, there is something for everyone!!
The security was also good - but they could do with more signages in the facility. The staff is very co-operative and tries their best to meet the requirements - be it food, housekeeping or travel arrangements. Thumbs up to their efforts!
The options in food as well as quality could be a tad better.
Accessibility to the resort is via boat only. So plan your trips out of Poovar (if any) accordingly.
Overall - very good experience for us who were looking to be amidst nature and do just nothing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped in serene Kerala backwaters, flanked by the Arabian Sea on the East and the majestic towering Ghats to the West, opening out to the ocean and a dream golden beach, Poovar Island Resort is a tropical paradise. Swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands, the ultramarine of the ocean, emerald backwaters, crimson sunsets and lush green vegetation create a magical ambiance around you. It is the ideal remote getaway location for a quiet holiday in spectacular natural surroundings. You can choose between floating cottages and land cottages for accommodation and enjoy a boat cruise along the palm-fringed shores of bewitching backwaters.Poovar Island Resort has 78 cottages offering a range of accommodation options. 56 rooms can be used as triples. The bathrooms come equipped with Jacuzzis, bathtubs or rain showers. 48 rooms come with a hammock in the terrace.(78 rooms - 39 Land Cottages, 10 Ayurveda Land Cottages, 05 Superior Land Cottages, 08 Premium Cottages, 12 Floating Cottages & 04 Ayurveda Floating Cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Poovar Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poovar Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Hotel Poovar Island
- Poovar Trivandrum
- Poovar Island Resort Kerala/Puvar, India