We stayed at Poovar Island resorts in the month of September,first week.The experience was not great...it was Fabulous,To start with we were very tired of our daily routine work and were anticipating a fantastic holiday to relax and just to hang around and rest ourselves,chose Poovar in Kerala (Gods own country)....Before checking in we were thinking 1000 times the experiment that we are doing is right or not....Believe me this was the first time took an excellent decision of choosing Poovar resorts......start from the Boat ride entry to the resort,quick check in with welcome drink,smiling face of the Front office staff,escorted till our lovely room explaining each and every facility of the resort...Floating cottage was booked for us...Wow...it was just Wow.......cant expect better than this category of room,beutiful view of sea kissing the river....Amazing....Room was exceptionally well made,very clean with all the amenities intact...Housekeeping was just out of the world,we stayed for four nights,they made sure everyday the room was kept clean and hygienic with several nice surprises of towel arts done everyday.Great services and very nice helping staff,The service people also took special care of us being proactive always seeking what is our mood of the day accordingly guiding and suggesting for days meal etc.Overall Good food,service,accomodation,responsive staff.Lat but not the least would like to recommend few names who were really on their toes to make sure we enjoy thoroughly...Sujatha and one assistant from North east cant remember her name,Saji the F&B Manager,Sighin,Anil....Great job done guys.....we will be back in February...will surely recommend this Heaven on Earth to every one.The management should defenitely appraise these staff who really went out of their way to create an unforgettable memories.3 Cheers to all of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped in serene Kerala backwaters, flanked by the Arabian Sea on the East and the majestic towering Ghats to the West, opening out to the ocean and a dream golden beach, Poovar Island Resort is a tropical paradise. Swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands, the ultramarine of the ocean, emerald backwaters, crimson sunsets and lush green vegetation create a magical ambiance around you. It is the ideal remote getaway location for a quiet holiday in spectacular natural surroundings. You can choose between floating cottages and land cottages for accommodation and enjoy a boat cruise along the palm-fringed shores of bewitching backwaters.Poovar Island Resort has 78 cottages offering a range of accommodation options. 56 rooms can be used as triples. The bathrooms come equipped with Jacuzzis, bathtubs or rain showers. 48 rooms come with a hammock in the terrace.(78 rooms - 39 Land Cottages, 10 Ayurveda Land Cottages, 05 Superior Land Cottages, 08 Premium Cottages, 12 Floating Cottages & 04 Ayurveda Floating Cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Poovar Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poovar Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Hotel Poovar Island
- Poovar Trivandrum
- Poovar Island Resort Kerala/Puvar, India