The boarding point had insufficient lights and maintenance looked poor. I saw some nearby resorts that had great welcome point! It took one hour to check in post I reached your boarding point.
2. Make my trip didn’t confirm my booking to your resort as such I was given an unplanned room which was not upto the standard (old tv, noisy fans, etc.). The room was changed next afternoon but had to be changed again in the evening due to electricity problems in the room. As such I was upgraded to a premium room in the second night (thankyou for that). Although, I was given a premium room, you will understand the hassle that I faced during the check in and next day changing multiple rooms. Obviously, it was not pleasant and relaxing.
3. Room: The rooms were not up to expectations - despite being a deluxe room and being mentioned in your website, standard toiletries were missing, no slippers provided, good quality blanket unavailable, etc. It might be okay as per your policy, however I had bigger expectations!
4. Roofs were leaking due to rain
5. Food: Breakfast was not at all good during the first day. Dinner buffet was too pricey and to me was not a value for money! Different VAT rates were charged on water on different days – on asking the attendant he replied that it was by mistake!
6. Breakfast during check out – Due to early checkout at 6.30 am, I requested some breakfast at reception. I am sorry to say but the food provided was really not expected from your resort. Ultimately I bought something from airport.
1. Staff were overall very courteous, polite and helpful
2. North Indian food was really great!
- Also Known As:
- Poovar Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Poovar Island Hotel
- Hotel Poovar Island
- Poovar Island
- Poovar Trivandrum
- Poovar Island Resort Kerala/Puvar, India
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped in serene Kerala backwaters, flanked by the Arabian Sea on the East and the majestic towering Ghats to the West, opening out to the ocean and a dream golden beach, Poovar Island Resort is a tropical paradise. Swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands, the ultramarine of the ocean, emerald backwaters, crimson sunsets and lush green vegetation create a magical ambiance around you. It is the ideal remote getaway location for a quiet holiday in spectacular natural surroundings. You can choose between floating cottages and land cottages for accommodation and enjoy a boat cruise along the palm-fringed shores of bewitching backwaters.Poovar Island Resort has 78 cottages offering a range of accommodation options. 56 rooms can be used as triples. The bathrooms come equipped with Jacuzzis, bathtubs or rain showers. 48 rooms come with a hammock in the terrace.(78 rooms - 39 Land Cottages, 10 Ayurveda Land Cottages, 05 Superior Land Cottages, 08 Premium Cottages, 12 Floating Cottages & 04 Ayurveda Floating Cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Poovar Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.