“Great Holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gundogan
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My daughter and I have just returned from this hotel after a week's holiday and we would love to go back! Cannot fault anything, good choice of food (Turkish night was our fave), room cleaned daily, very friendly staff and the lobby bar staff work very hard too. Loved swimming and sunbathing on the jetty and we enjoyed having lunch, ice creams, drinks and afternoon tea there as well.
Well done Baia Bodrum!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelBaiaBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Baia Bodrum Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest VivSusie,

We were delighted to learn you had a very enjoyable time with us!Thank you for your very kind comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Warm regards,
HOTEL BAIA BODRUM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

For the write up this hotel gets and the price it cost, it was very disappointing. The hotel has excellent facilities which gives it potential to be the 4/5 star that it claims to be but the staff let it down. We stayed towards the end of the season and it was clear that the hotel and the staff were winding down and standard and service were slipping. I won't stay again and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest Paulhickson,

We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay was less than expected and please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting up to your expectations. We value your feedback and do not shy away from honest criticism regarding areas we need to improve. Therefore, we will forward your concerns about the variety of food, and quality of services . You can be sure that during the upcoming significant hotel renovation there will be improvements made due to the comments we receive.

We would really appreciate if we could welcome you at one of the Baia properties again in the future so you can fully experience our exceptional service and characteristic hospitality.

Best Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Myself and my Partner just returned from a week at this hotel and it was fantastic!

The food was nice, some nights a bit repetitive but there was either show cooking with Turkish, seafood and barbeque nights so plenty of choice.

The drinks were lovely. Local spirits but this is what you would expect!! No menu but you only have to ask.

The hotel was very well kept and the cleaners in every day.

It was by Birthday when I was away, the cleaner noticed my cards and I came back from the pool to a Birthday cake and Wine from the Hotel.

Not much to do outside the hotel but we went for a relaxing week which we very much had.

The staff don't bother you unless you ask for anything which I think is a good thing.

Didn't venture to the entertainment as we were happy to sit at the terrace bar over looking the sea. The views are stunning day and night!

We walked along the bay and there is little but restaurants and hotels but it was a lovely walk, seeing the lovely old boats and the view around the bay.

Please don't let any catty comments put you off booking this hotel as it was all we expected and more. I would return without a doubt!! Some people just pick ridiculous things to complain about so please take note of the good things and not the bad as this hotel was lovely.

Dear Guest Lynn G,

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your positive comments about us have been really appreciated and we sincerely hope that your travelling plans bring you back to Hotel Baia Bodrum again, so we can have the pleasure of hosting you again to offer “Memorable Moments”.

Kind regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to this so much!!! It was my birthday while we were there, we booked it at the beginning if the year, time away in what was called a platinum hotel in the first choice brochure! When we arrived it was lovely, we were taken on a bit of a walk to the room, which was modernish, but tucked away behind the restaurant. Bathroom badly needed a makeover. Nevertheless it was ok. Then the problems started. On the 3 rd day after I'd noticed the room hadn't been cleaned I found someone else's rubbish in our room. A face pack wrapper to be exact. So either the cleaners had been chillin in our room while we were out, or they'd been in, left rubbish, and not cleaned our room. I complained straight away and requested the room be cleaned the next morning. 20 minutes later there was a noise at the door and before I had a chance to answer it a cleaner had let herself in, walked straight past me, shouted at another cleaner who was in the doorway, then walked straight back out leaving the door open behind her. No explanation at all. Then the next day it hadn't been cleaned again, not only this but the minibar hadn't been filled and the cleaners had taken our spare keycard. They had left a bottle of water however so they had been in. At this point I didn't want them in the room again for fest they were using my things, trying on my shoes etc. I complained again and called our rep. She wasn't interested. The guest relations lady ordered a deep clean on our room the next day, when this happened it was cleaned to a standard id expect every day. They left a bottle of red and some fruit for us also but as it's all inclusive we could have got this at the bar ourselves. The room wasn't really cleaned again. There was noise throughout the night from the restaurant chairs scraping on the tiles, on our last night we had a knock at 11pm and it was someone delivering wine we hadn't ordered, he'd got the wrong room. The bar staff barely even looked at me in the whole 10 day stay. I saw a barman throw a drink all over another guest, silly accident but she was covered. They don't serve rum, no Malibu. They don't have drink menus so you can't even see what they serve and the drinks are cheap and lethal. I didn't see one branded spirit. The food was nice but SO repetitive. We looked forward to our booking at the Mexican restaurant for my birthday, started to get ready then got a note under the door to say they'd cancelled it. At this point I was ready to go home I was that fed up. The grounds are lovely, this hotel has the tools to be very good but the staff let it down no end. I can't even explain how upset I am at how much I feel let down by first choice, we weren't delivered what we ordered. The town is SO quiet too there's bit a thing to do. We went to bodrum for a meal one night which was a welcome break for us, if we go back well be staying up there. I will be complaining formally about our treatment in this hotel. Very disappointing baia.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest Katie F,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
It is regrettable to read that you evaluated your stay with us as just 'thouroughly dissappointed'. Our guests come to the Baia Bodrum from all over the world and expect to have a comfortable and relaxing stay and this is our goal to provide. We are disappointed that you are one of those few guests who did not experience this.

Please know that we do take these comments very seriously and your feedback will help us improve in the future. Therefore, we will forward your concerns about the food and the staff to the responsible departments.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay despite the negative points you are mentioning and you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Best Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Baia Bodrum, and we had the best time. We were a few nerves after reading some of the reviews here, but as soon as we arrived we realised how nice this hotel is. Here are some highlights which made our holiday really awesome:

- Gorgeous pool, with views overlooking the harbour at Gundogan and the Aegean sea. There is a bar right on the pool so you never have to go very far for drinks!

- The food. We went to Mexico for our honeymoon last year, and were spoiled with a la carte restaurants. But the food here was great: loads of fresh fruit and salads, and lots of main meals to choose from. They catered for a mix of tastes, and had two whole stands dedicated to deserts :) My favourite night was Turkish night, with loads of different Turkish meat, salads and deserts. Plus there is SO MUCH FOOD available throughout the day.

- The staff were really friendly and helpful. Not everyone has strong English, but all the employees were really smiley and wanted to help you however they could. If you made an effort too, to say thanks and hello, they appreciated it too.

- There were loads of places to sunbathe: the main pool, the children's pool, the beach and the jetty. It was ace to be able to mix it up. And the slides at the children's pool were really fun.

- Live music: most nights they had live music while we were eating dinner, or by the pool bar. It was a great touch.

- The location, which is easily the biggest draw card. The views are so beautiful, and there's a really picturesque walk from the hotel around the bay. The small town of Gundogan has some cafes and a supermarket if you wanted to get out of the hotel for a bit.

- The bar - loads of choices of cocktails, and the barmen are very generous with their measures! And the white wine is nice too.

- The spa: I had the Turkish bath treatment, and it was great. Really relaxing way to start the holiday, and unlike any other massage I'd ever had.

A few people said the entertainment wasn't good: we thought it fitted in with the tone of the hotel, which is to chill out. The team were friendly, and every day tried to get people involved, but most people preferred to relax by the pool.

There were a few things which would have made our stay 5*. They could prepare some food for people who they know are arriving after dinner (there's a three hour period where they don't serve any food in the evening). Our room was a bit tired, and could do with some modernising: the shower kept falling low so we had to crouch to shower, and the bed was a bit hard. Plus, the ampitheatre in the evenings is just a little bit far away from the main bar and restaurant so we tended not to go there after dinner.

All in all we had a fantastic time, and would love to have stayed for longer! We will hopefully be back next year. Thanks to everyone at the Baia Bodrum: the waiters, the chef, the barmen, the entertainment crew, the room cleaners and the receptionists, the spa staff, and the photographer. We wish we were back there now!

Room Tip: We had room 1306, which had a great view, was quiet in the evenings, and was really close to the poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBaiaBodrum, Guest Relations Manager at Baia Bodrum Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Guest Syndey_ginger_gal,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay that we are able to confirm our strong points, as well as identify any area that may require improvement. Therefore your participation has been extremely important and gratifying to us.

We were delighted to learn you had a very enjoyable time with us!!As you have written on your comments, it is a great touch for us,too.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Warm regards,
South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at Baia Bodrum hotel at the beginning of September 2013. On our transfer from the airport we were the only couple on the bus going to Baia which was the last stop and about 50 minutes from the airport. The first thing to notice on arrival is the large glass front of the hotel reception with marble style floorings, everything looking very bright and modern. We arrived about 10.30-11ish at night and although the lobby area was quiet we were checked in very quickly and easily which included being given the free wifi code which was a huge bonus. We were taken to our room, which because of the layout of the hotel was a little confusing going down a few floors then into another lift and back up, it much easier to work out going via the stairs we worked out. The room was 1207 a very lovely bright modern room, white walls and mirrors, wide screen tv, not what we were expecting at all so we were pleasantly surprised. On looking outside we found we had a small balcony with a table and chairs, I guess you'd class it as a garden view. We could see more of the mountains and landscape behind us and out across the bay than anything else but still good. We also realised our room was next door to the restaurant although you still have to go up 2 floors then back down 2 floors to get to it, again the layout. Only problem was breakfast started at 7.30ish I believe as we never got up that early, you could hear some people scraping their chairs. Not a massive problem for us but very light sleepers might get woken up if you sleep in.
The hotel has 1 main restaurant which does breakfast, lunch, dinner and some sort of food at midnight as a snack but never managed it. Overall food is good, there is no traditional cooked breakfast so to speak if that's you're thing so be prepared, its more continental style. There is loads of choice from cereal, cold meats and cheese, pancakes, yoghurt and fruit and a selection of hot food, some was a bit unusual but all fairly tasty. Again lunch and dinner good mixed selection, lots of salads, always had chips there and a variety of hot food. I always managed to find something I liked, they also do themed nights too and look out for any grill food stations outside too. The only issues we really had was with the tables, it was a help yourself arrangement and there was always plenty of tables but we often struggled to find one which was fully laid up. Sometimes we had to grab knives of folks from elsewhere or water glasses from other tables, also in our 7 night I think only 3 times did anyone as us if we wanted a drink with our meals. We tended to go later in each sitting so maybe it was better at the beginning, that was only negative thing about the stay really. Other than that restaurant they served ice cream at the pool bar by the main pool and they also did a small hot and cold buffet by the kids pools which is called the snack bar. We spent a lot of time here, as we got up late sometimes by 10.30-11 it was hard to get a sunbed up by the main pool so we went down to the smaller kids pool and snack bar and there was always room. They served chips, flatbread, chicken and lamb kebab meat, salad and usually pasta with sauce of some kind. This is available all day 11-4/5 and always kept topped up and fresh. They also cook burgers and make small fresh pizzas too along with serving ice cream. Although I enjoyed all the music and games by the main pool I really enjoyed this quieter location the most. Finally on the food front they do tea and cakes 5-6 in the lobby bar, there are a variety of sweet and savoury snacks which nice coffee. The lobby bar has a massive balcony which over looks the main pool and gorgeous views of the whole bay, beautiful day or night. I took advantage of the free wifi and used face time to show off our gorgeous hotel views to a number of people from here!
If you are looking for fun and games during the day the entertainment team are always looking for people at the main pool or there is the beach and pontoon in the sea if you want something quieter. They have evening entertainment, usually a show of some kind in the amphitheatre then followed by something else at the pool bar, overall it was pretty good. Overall the staff were friendly and if you chatted to them they'd happily have a bit of banter with you and a conversation, especially the bar staff. The hotel is on the side of a hill looking over the bay so its set on at least 10 floors from the reception down the beach so possibly not great if you have trouble getting around although there are plenty of lifts about the place. There isn't much else close to the hotel so not much to wander around to so its perfect if you want to just stay in one place for the week and enjoy although I think there are a number of excursions and a bus that will take into Bodrum itself. If you've been put off going to turkey by the thought of being hassled especially if you have young girls with you this would be your perfect alternative for an all inclusive holiday. Overall a lovely holiday and a great time of year for warm weather.

Dear Guest Jessica B,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Baia Hotel Bodrum.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you and your family again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited Baia Bodrum for 2 weeks to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. On arrival in our room we found the bed decorated with petals, wine, fruit and a lovely celebration cake.
Our room (block 5) was spacious and overlooked the childrens pool, amphitheatre and wonderful Gundogan. Our maid was a lovely friendly lady and always left fresh flowers.
The staff are a credit to the hotel and work very hard whilst always providing a friendly helpful service.

Food is available all day - no need to be hungry. There is plenty to choose from to please all and is of a high standard. Some of the deserts were yummy.

I'm not sure what it would be like peak season but in September we did not have a problem finding sunbeds. We preferred lying on the jetty rather than by the pool but still had drinks at hand as well as free towels.

As a treat we has a Turkish bath and aromatherapy massage - fantastic!

The bay of Gundogan is a lovely walk both during the day or to walk off your evening meal at night.

We have only been home 2 days and missing the hotel already; would definitely recommend this holiday.

Dear Guest Halls67,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Baia Hotel Bodrum..

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you and your family again for your next anniversairy.

BAIA BODRUM HOTEL

Been to Baia Bodrum Hotel? Share your experiences!