“missing it like crazy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Akyarlar
Brighton, United Kingdom
“missing it like crazy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is the best holiday I've ever been on in my life. I loved this hotel and the price for what you get is AMAZING. Food and drink all day so that you are never hungry, and the food quality is incredible, I never went hungry! They even had midnight soup after the entertainment just in case you are hungry! Music played throughout the day to give a good atmosphere and you could hear it while in the pool. The entertainment was fun and we went to it every night, as well as the disco that was open after in the spa centre. The beach was very close so we could just pop down whenever we liked, only a one minute walk down the pathway and it had it's own sun loungers and also a free bar for soft drinks. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive but not overly so that you get annoyed. The rooms were cleaned every day and new sheets and towels were put in the room, also with bottles of water in the fridge everyday. The rooms were modern and very nice and spacious. The tvs were a good size and had a range of channels on, although mostly Turkish but the only time we used them was getting ready and listening to the music ones as you're not in your room long enough to watch it. The hotel is about a half hour bus ride from town, costing only 3 lira a journey which is a good price. The hotel was so good that we mainly stayed here so the location from town wasn't an issue at all. I would definitely come back here and would advise anyone that this is the perfect hotel to come to, whether you have a family, or just with friends, a couple and even if you want to go out at night because the entertainment team arrange a bus which takes you there and back on some nights which is very helpful. I want to work here it is that good!! I am determined to come backkk I miss it sooo much!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are fine but the balconies are different sizes, however you do not spend much...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We are a couple in our 30's who have just returned from a week at Bendis Beach. We have been to Turkey many times and decided to try another part. This was a last minute booking and reccomended by the holiday search engine as a 4 star resort. Having stayed in a great all inclusive in Icmeler last May (for the same price), this was certainly not 4 star and did not live up to my expectations. Having said that, there were positives to the stay too. I will list below:

Food: I would say I am not a fussy eater, however the selection of hot food served for breakfast was not to my liking. No omlettes etc, just frankurters in tomato sauce and a few other choices which did not appeal to me. On two occasions though, there was french toast and pancakes served down in the snack bar section. Lunch was ok, as was dinner. There was a fair selection of dishes and the salad is always nice and fresh with a good selection of products. Desert was a winner for me purely for the fantastic baklava served most days.

Pool: The pool was kept clean, there were staff walking around picking up cups etc throughout the day but this could have been more frequent. The pool area has a lot of sunbeds but these are on top of eachother, often not being able to put your feet down either side as you are packed in like sardines. If you want to get a good spot or a parasol, you need to be down about 7am or earlier as the usual happens with people reserving their sun loungers at the crack of dawn. Also, this is a family resort with lots of children everywhere! Just for the couples who might be looking for a bit of peace!

Beach: We did not use this much, we had a wonder to sit on the floating jetty and dangle our feet in the water. There are sunbeds down there for customers and a bar I believe.

Music/Entertainment: On the first two days by the pool, the choice of music was unbearable, savage garden, bryan adams, love ballads. Not what I wanted to hear and it was played so loud at one point I wanted to scream. There was no chance of listening to your ipod as it was just drowned out. The volume of the music varied throughout the day but by the end of the holiday it seemed to be more background music as you would expect. The entertainment in the evening varied, on the one occassion I watched it, they did karaoke by using youtube to search for songs, the wifi kept cutting out and people had to start their songs again. Just not very well thought out. Again, ridiculously loud.

Room: The worst part of the holiday for me, take sunglasses with you for when you enter your room! Bright white and blinding. Unfortunately as it is white, things get dirty easily and the sofa in the room was filthy. Biggest annoyance of all though was that we were placed right outside the ampitheatre where the music is soooo loud it is unbearable, I know people don't always go on holiday to have an early night, but sometimes it's nice to chill out in the room. No chance. My other half was ill one night with a banging migraine and the music didn't stop til midnight. Another evening, I was looking forward to midnight when the awful noise would stop but they continued watching a film in the ampitheatre at full blast til gone 1 am. There was then the staff reorganising the sunloungers at 4am which woke me up once I eventually got to sleep. TAKE EARPLUGS.

Bar: Drinks were fine, Efes, pepsi, fanta etc. No problem there.

In summary, an adequate hotel spoilt by the awful noise. I would ask for a room by reception
to be by the other end of the pool/entertainment. Not romantic for us and I have come back stressed by the lack of sleep.

Also reccomend La Vila restaurant in Turgutres for a great mixed grill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by reception!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

stayed for 2 weeks, had an amazing time and didn't want to leave, would defiantly go back again, the staff were outgoing and easy to talk to, entertainment every night, which was really fun to go to, music is played all day, so you never get bored. there is food throughout the day, so you're never hungry.
rooms were cleaned everyday and clean towels, and sheets put in.
lovely environment to be in, and wished I lived there.
the price is so good for what you get and would have paid more to go, really enjoyed myself and will be going back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the bendis for a week on 28th May for my honeymoon it was fantastic we were upgraded to a bigger room had wine and fruit basket brought to our room the staff. We're great the food was great breakfast wasn't the best but lunch and dinner made up for it and snacks were great its so clean and the rooms were cleaned daiy its a bus trip from shops and bars the bus is 3 leir and the bus stops right out side the hotel we loved this hotel would recommend it for couples we have a great time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel & food were ok. The rooms were hardly cleaned all week,no change of sheets! There were no other guests from the UK except the two of us & there had only been 15 UK guests all season,had we been told that we would have gone somewhere else. The hotel was in the middle of nowhere,one shop outside the hotel,bus or taxi rides to the nearest town which were not cheap. No tour rep & comin home we had to ring the main Olympic office twice to find out when we were being picked up for the airport. We love Turkey & have visited different parts of it several times but we will never be going back to the Bendis Beach Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed btw 09-12 September. Overall is good. Meals especially grills are good. Salad bar is nice. Vodka is so bad that I cannot understand what I was drinking. I can say that drinks are really poor. Beach is so close and silent. THere is nothing like loud music broadcast or annoying animations anywhere. I recommend if you want a quiet holiday.

• Stayed September 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We arrived at the Bendis Beach hotel in the early hours of Tuesday 4th October 2011. The room was ok, However the day after we arrived the restaurant had run out of red wine, the next day they had no wine at all and we were told if we wanted wine with our meal we had to go across to the pool bar .The food was not very good, I am not a fussy eater and do not demand english food when I am abroad however we noticed when the serving dishes were getting empty no more food was brought out and this was not because we were late for breakfast as we are early risers. Ther was no entertainment and one day although the all-inclusive should have been until midnight one night alot earlier they had no brandy,whiskey or vodka.We arrive back at the hotel on Friday 7th October after a day of visiting a local village and having an excellent lunch, only to be told by the manager they were closing down the next day and we were being moved to their sister hotel the Kadikale. We packed our cases and were taken by minibus to the Kadikale, seven othe people had already gone to this hotel among them a honeymoon couple who only had two days left and they were very upset. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm, the room was very nice overlooking the sea, the only downside was there were 102 steps to get to it.The food was better but even they after a few days were runnung out of various food and drink in the restaurant.Ther was no entertainment and the gym was not working also the a la carte restaurant were not open.I am aware that the hotels season is till the end of October but I also think that the facilities should be as per the brochure. This was my first visit to Turkey and I do not believe I will be going back soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bendis Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!