“Don't even bother !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bizimtepe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akyarlar
Hotel Bizimtepe
You added Hotel Bizimtepe to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Ataturk cad no:259, Karaincir, Akyarlar 48400, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Akyarlar B&B and Inns
“Don't even bother !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a double room at bizimtepe last July . Arrived just before midnight and assisted straight to the room . First impression was VERY(!) smelly bathroom and really rundown room . Sheets were almost turn into grey and covered with stains . We decided to stay over night and decided to look elsewhere next day . Next morning we went down for breakfast and it seems like we were the only guests in the hotel . There was only one staff for all sorts of jobs ..Breakfast was very poor , served in uncovered serving plates with greasy cutlery . Swimming pool looked dirty too ( we didn't even try) Akyarlar is quite isolated and far away from lively town so we don't think it was suitable for young people .

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

My partner and I stayed in Bizimtepe hotel in September. Although originally booked for 2 weeks we had to leave on day 4 . We have stayed many budget holidays in Turkey but this was clearly the worse ! Rooms never been cleaned during our stay , breakfast plates and cups were greasy I had buy paper plates from shop next door. Pool was so dirty it was almost turned green ! There were only one staff and he was in charge of cleaning , waitressing and some days cooking (mostly he was sitting down doing nothing ) I went downstairs to the kitchen to find a staff to order cold drink but what I saw was horrific !! greasy washing were piled up, dead flies on kitchen surfaces , after this we decided to leave for somewhere else! No wonder hotel was empty during our stay. Overall I can not recommend this hotel at all !!

Room Tip: Go to different hotel
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Ok so I stayed here last oct with my brother. I'm 27 and my brother 23.
With it being my brothers first holiday abroad I decided to take him to turkey as I love love love turkey.
First impressions when we arrived in the middle of the night, basic very basic and I thought omg he's going to hate it but after awakening the next day with the hot sunshine and lovely view of the sea our minds were changed!
So ok yes it is a little bit of a dump but its got so much character and charm at the same time. We had I think the best view over looking the white snd blue tops of the rest of the hotel to the ocean on our little balcony and I started to fall in love with it a little.
Rooms plain but bright in white , clean, just 2 beds,a dressing table and a wardrobe. bathroom with shower with the water temp being a little unpredictable but wasn't a problem.
Short 5 min walk to the shingle beach which had a jetty which we sat on and watched the moon and stars at night ( be carful of the slight breeze as my brother lost his flip flops over the edge 1 night, obviously I found hilarious, he didnt so much :) ) few nice restaurants , very small area and felt quite private. Also mind the donkey wandering along we met on the beach at night a couple of times , gave me a fright but is very friendly.
Bus stop right outside hotel which was regular to turgatreis. Love turgurtries town, nice little beach and restaurants.

Overall we liked the hotel, with it being in a small Turkish village you actually felt in the real turkey rather than at marmaris were its so commercialised.
Both of us would stay here again and I would recommend to people who are a bit free spirited and will see the real beauty of the place rather than the more uptight snobby people who like big,ugly,high rise,little windowed, no charm hotels with wifi in every room x

Stayed October 2014
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here July 2012. Very basic hotel and I mean basic . I know you get what you pay but-we had to pinch some sheets and a mop from a cupboard we found to get a basic standard of hygiene in our room :s (note: We put mop back and left sheets on bed!) Upon arrival we were lead to our room which resembled a concrete hole. There were cats paw prints over the sheets and very dusty floors. Aside this staff were lovely and were helpful when our transfer was 2 hrs late. Food was ok. 2 min walk to beach which is lovely.you can get lovely sea bass from one of the beach restaurants and the will place your table and chairs right by the ocean which is lovely. Can get a bus into turgetries where you will find some super bargains.met some lovely people at this hotel and had a great time and lots of laughs therefore aside the very basic hotel had a fab holiday!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bodrum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Where do I start? We arrived in the afternoon and first thing we noticed was there was some sort of water feature around and above the pool that was basically stagnant green slimy water - perfect breeding ground for mosquitos and goodness knows what else. There was one solitary guest sunbathing and glancing at the pool it was obvious why no one was in there. It was dirty and no way would I have put even a toe in there!!
We arrived at the reception walking past overflowing rubbish bins and piles of laundry scattered about. The manager was friendly and led us to our room. There were planters around with dead unwatered plants and some sort of false grass carpet in front of the rooms. The view was buildings though if you walked from the room a distance you could see a distant glimpse of sea over to the left. (By the way the sea is not near - be prepared for a stroll.) The room was shockingly basic. No headboards, mucky marks on the whitewashed walls, no finishing touches or décor, ensuite (chuckles) with a curtain across. You get the idea. Your immediate thought walking in a room like that is how many creepy crawlies will be lurking there. Not very fresh smelling either.
We sat on the bed and discussed if we should give it a try. We'd read some reviews that frankly seemed like they must have been for another hotel not this one!! Yes the manager was friendly but clean this hotel is not - it is neglected, untidy and unhygienic and for those that said the pool was nice I can only presume you left your glasses at home. For me nice = clean though it had a nice shape if that is what is important to you :)
After 5 minutes in that room we'd had enough. We dragged our suitcases back to reception and handed the keys back. The manager didn't seem insulted at all and continued to be friendly. I would have been mortified if it was my hotel and it was considered so filthy guests walked back out. He gave us a drink and some chips but I couldn't eat any as I have a rule - I don't eat in a dirty place - and the chips looked like they'd been fried in oil that hadn't been changed in quite a while.
We didn't ring Lowcostholidays and found our own alternate accommodation as in our experience the reps don't do much and we didn't have time to waste while they messed about as we only had a week. So we emailed on our return home but basically they said we should have rang so there was nothing they could do.
So our advice to anyone thinking about booking is please don't. The rave reviews in here are either from the staff or the guests have been hypnotised/bribed or are suffering from delusions. The only thing I will agree with is the manager and the member of staff we met while we were there was very laid back and friendly. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to make staying in that place bearable for us.

Room Tip: if you want a nice room don't bother booking
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Farnborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

No staff available other than a ''manager'' I cannot give this hotel a minimal score because it did have a passable if shabby pool. Minimal hot water, plug sockets hanging off the wall. Apparently the room cleaner was ''sick' 'again therefore one change of bedding and no hygienic cleansing in 10 days .Mattresses and pillows dirty. First purchases required were a small kettle and all the makings and a sink pug!! This is first class example of all that glitters is not gold..

Room Tip: Had to change rooms once. Swapped from terrible to shabby. The room numbers ending in 6 and 7 are fu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dirty and scruffy. Room not cleaned in 21days! No clean towels or bedding in 21days! No toilet roll in 21days. Bins in rooms and pool area not emptied in 21days. Dining area swilled down twice in 21days. Chairs and sunbeds never cleaned, dirt on the arms of dining chairs can be scraped off. Covers on sunbeds dirty and smelly.
Waited to be served between 30 mins and 2 1/2 hrs!
Breakfast food left uncovered, raw eggs amongst boied eggs. Hot food served cold.
Asked to leave because bottle of water brought into hotel. Can of iced tea £1.75p. Many items on the menu 'off, not tonight', never on.' Curry made from jar of Sharwoods Tikka Masala sauce. Raw fish served. Had to beg for ice. No ice creams. No fridges in rooms. No 'mini bar' in rooms. Pool cloudy and walls slimy, water smelt of urine. Staff very lazy just sat around eating, getting drunk and ignored customers. Theft from locked bedroom. Steps often wet and slippy.
All drinks very expensive, all food almost double price of anywhere else, curry 32tl hotel, 15tl in opposite restaurant!
Could go on but too much to put. Never ever again. Saved all year for three weeks of misery. I have pictures of plugs hanging out of the walls, rotting doors, holes in the floor near the pool, cockroaches dying or dead. Debris everywhere. Deep pools of thick green smelly stagnant water.
Don't go there and be fooled by th pictures on line, or by reading the false good reports. It wants fumigating and condemning - FACT

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Bizimtepe? Share your experiences!