“disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Brick Restaurant & Bar

Red Brick Restaurant & Bar
in the carpark behind Furniture Court | access off Limerick or Ennis st, Alexandra, New Zealand
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Alexandra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cromwell, New Zealand
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

recently went to the Red Brick for lunch..was very disappointed not only with the meal but also with the service. after waiting a considerable length of time for our meals, when they eventually arrived they were cold... on mentioning this to the waiter he seemed most uninterested and no effort was made to rectify the problem. OK maybe I made the wrong choice but for the price and reviews ive preciously read I expected more for my $$$

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
mark p, Owner at Red Brick Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
It is a real shame to hear you did not enjoy your experience with us however you ordered "marinated mushrooms with orzo, feta, spinach and walnut salad" this is how it reads on our menu. There is nothing to suggest that it is a piping hot meal. What you got was exactly how the dish was intended, exactly what is written on our menu, Did you read the menu? It is one of our most popular dishes. I don't know how you expected us to rectify a problem with your choice when there was nothing to fault your meals. As for the waiting time, we are a restaurant and our meals are prepared to order, we don't think the 15 minutes you waited was excessive. Whilst we welcome constructive criticism we cannot be held accountable for your ignorance and feel your review is unfair and unsubstantiated.

Wanaka, New Zealand
“Discover this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have had lunch twice in this restaurant once in the summer out in the lovely courtyard and once in the Autumn. This very simple little restaurant has one of the best menues we have found in the Otago area. We could choose anything on the menu it is all so interesting, the food always superbly cooked and presented

This time I had the chowder served with the best bread I have ever tasted and my husband had the Cassoulet with home made sausage, both dishes were absolutely delicious I have never had a more tasty chowder, packed full of all types of seafood and fish. My husband who makes his own sausage loved his dish too.

We would definitely revisit and would recommend this lovely restaurant highly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunedin
“Well hidden but there IS a great restaurant in Alexandra!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were staying in Clyde and decided to dine on Saturday night in Alexandra. The first café we tried was busy so suggested we try the Red Brick. We arrived with no booking but fortunately we got the last table. We were so pleased we did as this is the best restaurant we have been to in a long time! My husband ordered the salmon and I had the vegetarian entrée option for my main, which was more than enough. The dessert we ordered was fantastic too, and the local wine my husband tried was delicious he said. Friendly staff and value for money we will definitely be making a booking to dine here next time we are through in Central. If you are female definitely make sure you visit the toilet as they are very nicely decorated! Restaurant is situated opposite the Warehouse next to the Video Ezy store if you can't find it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandra, New Zealand
“Stunning steak!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Wedding anniversay, yummy wine in beautiful glasses( not those thick glass ones you often get wine served in!!) steak absolutely cooked to perfection- medium rare; I prefer Veges to be included with meal , even on the side, rather than ordering separate. Was a quiet night in so we could chat quite freely without next table overhearing!!! Keep it up Red Brick. You are a must-have for Alexandra. We need you!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mark p, Owner at Red Brick Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your evening with us,
Good to see people appreciating decent stemware, it really makes a difference.
Most restaurants these days do not include extra vegetables with their meals, it is no longer cost effective in todays market.
Thank you guys for your positive review. We need more local support like you!
Australia
“2 good lunches at the Red Brick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went by myself and enjoyed a very nice chicken pasta lunch with a healthy glass of sauvignon blanc. The following day two other family members joined me. Food and service was very good. No complaints aside from perhaps the type of music being played which did not sit that well with my 82 year old mother in law. Good value for money for my opinion - however - i was told that the previous owners may have had greater variety on the menu. I enjoyed fish for lunch on the second day - they were out of the Blue cod - so I had a butterfish (?) from Stewart Island which was tasty. The wine of the day - a Palliser Chardonnay was very nice. Thank you Red Brick - hope to see you again when next in Alexandra.

Visited March 2013