“Very interesting, bats, bats and bats!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 43 things to do in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: # 85 live bats free-flying in our huge enclosure, designed to resemble the cloud forest at night# Guided tour by professional guides takes about 45 minutes# The tour is both informative, educational and entertaining, with a focus on biology and conservation# Cleverly designed interpretive exhibits, like our giant ears, huge bat heads, and bat skeleton.# You will see, at close range, 85 tropical fruit-eating and nectar-feeding bats from the Monteverde area# Our bats fly, eat, socialize, and even give birth before your eyes
St. Pete Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Very interesting, bats, bats and bats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came here as a group. The naturalist was really into bats, a little too batty. But that is his thing and I get that. It's kind of strange, but here is a bakery cafe above the bat area, that has great pastries, juice and wine. It is a fun way to end you tour and watch the terrific sunsets.

Cornelius, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Terrific naturalist, lotsa bats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great experience! Learned more than I ever wanted to know about bats in general and those species that inhabit Costa Rica. Well worth a stop if you're in Monteverde.

Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
“Very interesting and educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My daughter loved it!
The talk was VERY interesting.
At first I felt like I'm going to waste my time on the 30-min talk before actually seeing the bats.

At the end we didn't want to leave, kept asking questions.

Dalton, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Bats are our science fair project now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

With the sun setting at 5:30 everynight, it can be hard to entertain the kids. The Bat Jungle really did the trick. My 8 and 10 year old LOVED it so much they came back to the hotel - quoting enless facts about bats and how important they are to our environment. The topic is now our science fair project. We even built a bathouse to install in the Spring. The Dutch Scientist was so knowledgable and very patient with our excited children. It was well worth the excurion. Don't miss it.

Visited November 2012
Black Creek, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“I have a whole new respect for Bats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was terrified of Bats before I went to the Bat Jungle. Our tour guide was extremely informative and explained how vital bats are to our ecological system throughout the world.