“Terrific naturalist, lotsa bats!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 45 things to do in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: # 85 live bats free-flying in our huge enclosure, designed to resemble the cloud forest at night# Guided tour by professional guides takes about 45 minutes# The tour is both informative, educational and entertaining, with a focus on biology and conservation# Cleverly designed interpretive exhibits, like our giant ears, huge bat heads, and bat skeleton.# You will see, at close range, 85 tropical fruit-eating and nectar-feeding bats from the Monteverde area# Our bats fly, eat, socialize, and even give birth before your eyes
Cornelius, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrific naturalist, lotsa bats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great experience! Learned more than I ever wanted to know about bats in general and those species that inhabit Costa Rica. Well worth a stop if you're in Monteverde.

Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very interesting and educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My daughter loved it!
The talk was VERY interesting.
At first I felt like I'm going to waste my time on the 30-min talk before actually seeing the bats.

At the end we didn't want to leave, kept asking questions.

Dalton, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bats are our science fair project now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

With the sun setting at 5:30 everynight, it can be hard to entertain the kids. The Bat Jungle really did the trick. My 8 and 10 year old LOVED it so much they came back to the hotel - quoting enless facts about bats and how important they are to our environment. The topic is now our science fair project. We even built a bathouse to install in the Spring. The Dutch Scientist was so knowledgable and very patient with our excited children. It was well worth the excurion. Don't miss it.

Visited November 2012
Black Creek, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I have a whole new respect for Bats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was terrified of Bats before I went to the Bat Jungle. Our tour guide was extremely informative and explained how vital bats are to our ecological system throughout the world.

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The guide (Kelly) was so knowledgeable and the bats are awesome. I learned a lot about bats, which are now my favorite animal. I recommend this to everyone!