“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabins El Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteverde
Cabins El Sol
You added Cabins El Sol to your Saves list
La Lindora, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 33 Monteverde B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
california
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the small cabin in December. Wonderful! The cabin was nice and the view excellent. Will definitely return. Javier is a great host and guide. We went to the Hot Springs with him and the night hike. Schedule the night hike before you go as he gets booked! We were able to take advantage of someone who cancelled. Their mistake! Get to have your own kitchen to cook.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May 2013 and had a wonderful time. We extended our stay - it was so peaceful. All the cabins were lovely. Javier was a wonderful host and excellent tour guide. The food provided by the neighbour was decent fare. The views were wonderful as well and the coffee was delicious. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the cabins. We had some initial issues with our cabin and Javier resolved them right away and was so cheerful about it. He also proved to be one of the best guides we have ever had and I can't praise his tours enough.
We stayed in 3 different cabins and I found all of them charming. The views were lovely and the meals catered by his neighbour were good too.
We enjoyed our stay so much we extended it. I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at El Sol recently for 3 days in the large cabin. It was really amazing with a beautiful view from our cabin. Décor was very nice. The fully equipped kitchen was a great bonus. Best of all Javier, the owner was extremely nice and helped us plan our sightseeing trips at Monte Verde. Highlight of these was the trip with him to Hot springs near by that included a good home cooked lunch. We plan to go back to Monte Verde again and without any doubt will stay at El Sol.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in the smaller cabin and it was one of the best times we've had while travelling in Costa Rica. The cabin is small but very charming and the view is incredible; perched up in the mountains and only 10 min drive to the main town, 20 min drive to the cloud forest. Beautiful bed, dining table and the kitchen is fully stocked, even with coffee, salt, pepper! It's a cabin so you are bound to see a few bugs here and there (including a big spider and a lizard in the bathroom) but its part of it's charm! The property is incredible and it has an infinity pool which we tried to use once but it was too cold for me. They also have a sauna which can be used at a small cost as it takes time to get it going. There is also a hot meal service which is done by their neighbors and is delivered hot to your cabin if you want. It costs $15/person. While it was a lot of food, I prefer cooking my own so we only ordered their meal the first night.

The best thing about the trip truly were the owners. Javier, his spouse and their kids are beautiful people and truly make your stay very special. I highly recommend doing the night tour with Javier. We saw so many creatures, insects, Javier is the best guide out there. We felt very VIP walking by the line up of people waiting at the location and walked right through. It usually costs $25 per person to be part of a group guided tour. Javier is $40 per person and worth every dollar. Javier even had a scope which none of the other guides had!

Oh and one last thing, at sunset walk up and down the driveway - so many parrots it is truly magical. I would stay again in a heart beat. It was sad to leave.

Room Tip: At sunset walk up and down the driveway - so many parrots it is truly magical.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

a wonderful place to stay outside of Monteverde. Javier is exactly as described in all the other reviews - knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They do nice little helpful things - my review was at 4 but I moved it to 5 because they let me use their cell phone to call AT&T in the US when I had a problem with mine. There is an issue with towels in hotels in Costa Rica - there are never enough - we stayed in 6 hotels and El Sol is one of the only ones who provide towels generously and even have them by the pool (no where else where we stayed did this). They also have stuff in the cabin to enable cooking (oil, salt, pepper etc.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I will never forget EL SOL.

EL SOL was a prefect respite for me that brought me closer to the sun during the day and the stars at night. I felt like I was in space the stars were so bright and so close.

The kind and gentle folks who run EL SOL are personable yet honor guests privacy.

I thoroughly enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner at EL SOL. I know make fried plantains at home as a kind of meditation and sign of respect for the marvelous meals I devoured at EL SOL.

I relaxed in the cabins, ran through the mountains, galloped on a horse for hours, swam in the pool, gazed at the stars, enjoyed the extremely welcoming conversations and game-time with Elizabeth, Javier and their lovely family.

I will be back to EL SOL in the physical sense and I'll always remember EL SOL, forever.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cabins El Sol? Share your experiences!