1) Javier is the MAN and if you don't take at least 2 tours with him, you are missing out.
2) His wife Dema is one of the lovliest ladies I have ever met.
3) His children could not be more adorable/welcoming/engaging/friendly.
4) This is by far the coolest place my boyfriend and I have ever stayed in and we are pretty well traveled.
It is a gem-of-a-find and you will have a hard time leaving Monteverde after your stay at El Sol. The cabins are so incredibly unique and made with such thought for detail and loving care. The view from each cabin is breath taking. If you can, stay in the large cabin that overlooks the entire mountain. You will enjoy a huge panoramic view of the mountain vista, sun filled wooden cabin, hammocks galore, sky lights, lounge area, etc.
The meals they provide are also amazing and everything that is done at El Sol is just so laid back, leisurely, comforting, and familiar.
Javier made the best recommendations and took only took us on amazing tours of the forest where we interacted with wildlife, but recommended awesome tours like horse back riding to the hot springs, milking cows, and ziplining through the cloud forest.
Also, don't forget to visit the infinity pool (freshwater) and the beautiful sauna.
It was a trip I will never forget and I cannot wait to head back there!
- Also Known As:
- Cabins El Sol Hotel Monteverde
- Cabins El Sol Hotel
- Cabins El Sol Costa Rica/Monteverde