“amazing time in costa rica” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Williamston, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
“amazing time in costa rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

wonderful hike to do instead of Monteverde Cloud Forest. Was my second trip here. Husband enjoyed it this time.

Visited March 2013

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
25 attraction reviews
“a must see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This a breath taking place. A must see. Its had to imagion u r actually walking in the clouds. The zip - line was a one of a kind experience, u are emersed in the clouds n the beauty of the forest below. It's a real thrill speeding through clouds n being do high above everything.

Visited May 2012
North Haven, Connecticut
23 attraction reviews
“Quiet beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came here for a morning tour and a hike in February, and had a lovely time. They don't have nearly as many people here as they do at Monteverde, so you feel like you have the place more or less to yourself. My tour guide was wonderful...unfortunately just before I was supposed to start on my tour, thinking that I would have it all to myself, a van full of Midwestern birders showed up. But what can you do? We had a really nice walk through the cloud forest, and sometimes I felt like I was in Jurassic Park. My only complaint was that we didn't see any animals -- but that may have been because it hadn't been very rainy lately, so they were all hiding. So ultimately it was a very nice walk with amazing scenery, but I wished there had been some monkeys or something running around!

Visited February 2013
Kelowna, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Very peaceful amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had an excellent guide named Orlando. He is very knowledgeable, speaks english and takes his job very seriously.
Anyone interested in plants and trees should not miss this sanctuary.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
16 attraction reviews
“Almost private guided tour in early morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Got here in the early morning for guided hike and there was only 1 other traveler for the tour! Almost private for only $15-20 (can't remember exact price). Guide was fully bilingual and pointed out many animals (tarantulas, birds, frogs, sloths, etc) that I would've never found on my own. He had a huge telescope that I could put my camera on to get awesome zoomed in shots. I would definitely recommend this cloudforest over the Monteverde counterpart as it is so much less crowded and you see the same stuff. Bring a waterproof jacket!

Visited January 2013