“Share the gift” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Revive Healing Arts

Revive Healing Arts
Monteverde Centro | Across from Stella's Bakery, next to CASEM women's craft cooperative, Costa Rica
+506 8372 2002
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #1 of 35 activities in Monteverde
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Revive ~ a place in paradise offering you the opportunity to replenish your whole self with massage, energy work, personal & private retreats, classes and soulful renewal services. Revive's healing arts studio is tucked into a private garden at the edge of the Monteverde Cloud Forest, conveniently located in Monteverde Center, just steps away from Stella's Bakery, Monteverde WholeFoods and CASEM women's craft cooperative. Karen Gordon, founder of Revive Healing Arts, is an accomplished integrative bodywork therapist who specializes in custom-creating replenishing blends of massage, cranio-sacral therapy, reiki and aromatherapy for each and every client. Karen is also one of Costa Rica's most highly-trained CranioSacral therapists and Reiki Master/Teachers and offers training, courses and retreats for healing arts professionals in those two areas. After a long day exploring Monteverde's magnificent mountaintop, relax and renew at Revive! - advanced appointments via website or email recommended.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Share the gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner and I treated ourselves to a bodywork session with Karen. We had separate appointments, but it was a beautiful gift that we were able to share with each other. My partner had never had any professional massage previously, though his work asks much of his body. Karen made him feel safe and comfortable so that he could relax and receive the much-needed therapy she offered. It was a lovely sensory experience of connecting to our own selves through the touch of another. We both felt replenished in mind, body and soul afterwards, and closer to each other for sharing it. I hope he and I can make it a regular date each time I return to Monteverde!

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear EmagW, It always gives me great honor to provide a client with their first bodywork experience; I am thrilled that you and your partner visited Revive Healing Arts and that you left replenished mind, body, and soul. I appreciate your review!

Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
“Heart Centered Therapy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Karen's work is restorative. Healing. Regenerating. Her treatments are customized and perfectly blended for each client; each time I see her and am blessed by her amazing hands/energy, and I feel more and more "myself".

I have been a massage therapist for over a decade, as well as a Reiki master teacher, a CranioSacral therapist and a massage therapy instructor/continuing education provider, and I can say that, no question, a treatment with Karen is a very valuable gift.

Karen provides safe, sacred space for people to not only heal, but also to reconnect and thrive. I am grateful for this heart-centered therapist and how profoundly her work has helped me on my healing journey.

Visited March 2013
Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Dana T, It is always a pleasure for me to share my work with other therapists, and I am honored to know that your experience at Revive Healing Arts has helped you to reconnect and thrive as you walk your healing journey. Thank you for your review!
NYC
“Give Yourself a Gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you find yourself in the beautiful Monteverde area of Costa Rica, please give yourself an extraordinary gift - a truly amazing massage from Karen at her Revive Healing Arts studio. I suffer from arthritis pain in my shoulders and neck and, unlike other massage therapists, Karen seems to work intuitively, alleviating the tension and pain that builds up in all parts of my body. It's as if she magically responds to exactly what my body needs at the moment, and then the feeling of well-being lasts long after leaving her studio. I have received massages in a wide variety of locations, from Ojai to Kripalu, and have never experienced a more perfect healing treatment. It is not hyperbole to say that she is a genuinely caring person with a rare gift.

Visited March 2013
Dear Kathy F,
It was a pleasure welcoming you to Revive Healing Arts, and I am so glad to know that you experienced alleviation of the tension and pain throughout your body, even long after your session was over. I appreciate you sharing your review, and look forward to welcoming you back to Monteverde the next time your travels bring you to our mountain!
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
“A true healer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

After many years of receiving massage therapy, Karen is the first therapist I've encountered that I consider a healer. Within minutes of laying down on her table, it seemed like she had an innate ability to sense what my body needed. Karen took my concept of body work to a new level -- and for someone who has enjoyed pretty much every rub down I've ever received, that says a lot! Her expertise in combining massage, reflexology, cranio-sacral work and aromatherapy was nothing short of inspiring. There is no question that the healing continued long after the session was over.

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear lgrenholm, Thank you for your review - it is heartening to know you experienced the combination of work continuing long after the session was over!
Monteverde, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“Healing Hands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Karen has an incredible gift! I went to her with a bit of pain from a pulled muscle, and she was able to work it out. Afterwards, she took the time to talk with me about my muscles, and was able to provide insight. She was very professional, personal, and welcoming! Such a truly amazing and healing experience!

Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Nikri A, I'm happy to know you found relief at Revive Healing Arts! Thank you for your review.