“Massage to the Mostest!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 39 Activities in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: Revive - a place in paradise offering you the opportunity to replenish your whole self with massage, energy work, personal & private retreats, classes and soulful renewal services. Revive's simple healing arts studio is tucked into a private garden at the edge of the Monteverde Cloud Forest, conveniently located in Monteverde Center, just steps away from Stella's Bakery and CASEM women's craft cooperative. Karen Gordon, founder of Revive Healing Arts, is an accomplished integrative bodywork therapist who specializes in custom-creating sessions for each and every client. Karen is also one of Costa Rica's most highly-trained CranioSacral therapists and Reiki Master/Teachers and offers training, courses and learning retreats in these two areas. After a long day exploring Monteverde's magnificent mountaintop, relax and renew at Revive! - advanced appointments via website or email highly recommended.
“Massage to the Mostest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Karen's abilities to sooth your body and soul are incredible. She is such a professional and knows exactly how to help with any sports related needs. Her studio is beautiful, peaceful, and in a great location. If I could, I'd visit her every weekend!

Visited February 2013
Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Kris M, I appreciate your recommendation!

Winnipeg, Canada
“THE BEST HEALING EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've had many kinds of therapy on my hips which have been giving me trouble since an accident 10 years ago and nothing has come close to the relief and wellness I experienced after just one session of Karen's healing touch! I couldn't believe how balanced, loose and pain-free my hips felt... truly amazing. She is a wonderful and knowledgable woman and provided intuitive, magical treatment in the forms of Watsu Aquatic Bodywork and Cranial Sacral Therapy. I highly recommend you visit Karen at Revive Healing Arts if you are near Monteverde and have the opportunity.

Visited January 2013
Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear mostlyblond,
I am glad that your travels brought you to Revive Healing Arts, and that you left feeling more balanced, loose, and pain free. I appreciate your visit, and your recommendation!
Santa Rosa, California
“Not Just a Massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Karen's hands are magical. I suffered from some serious shoulder and neck injuries. During the two years I lived in Monteverde, I practiced yoga regularly and carried a heavy backpack on my back. In the beginning, my yoga practice was careless and unaware. My body hated the abuse I was putting it through and told me, by tensing up throughout the left side of my body. I also suffered from a major break in my left ankle (as a yoiung adult) and thus carrying my body differently, favoring my left side. Karen was really astute at identifying the cause and source of my stiffness and tension. Karen helped release a lot of stopped up energy flows in my system. It was amazing to feel the blockages just open right up and feel the pain whisk away. Karen also really embraces the community of Monteverde...making it a priority to take care of its members and help them become the healthiest versions of themselves. Despite its beauty, It can be a hard life living in the Cloud Forest, but Karen and her body work helped me release a lot of the tension, facing each day with renewed strength and a healthy body.

Visited March 2012
Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Sarah G, One of the things I truly enjoy about my work is helping clients touch ground with the healthiest versions of themselves. I am honored to know that our work together allowed you to face each day in the tropical Cloud Forest with renewed strength and a healthy body! Thank you for your review.
Burbank, California
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had an amazing body treatment with Karen. I’m a long sufferer of lower back and hip pain. Karen was able to get into all the right muscles and relax them. She totally tailored the experience to what I needed, using a mixture of aromatherapy, massage, reflexology and cranial-sacral work. At the end she took the time to educate me on proper stretches to help alleviate the pain at home. I loved how quaint and natural the how experience was. The best part was the feeling of total bliss I felt when I walked out of her office. I would definitely go back to her if I am ever in Monteverde again!

Visited September 2012
Karen G, Owner at Revive Healing Arts, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear scrlett888, A painful lower back/hip can put a real damper on travel - I am glad you found your way to Revive Healing Arts and that you felt like your body received just what it needed. All of my sessions are custom-designed, and I am happy to know you were pleased with our in-session work and the self-care strategies we talked about for home. I appreciate your review!
Westfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Karen to the rescue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was on vacation in Costa Rica and thoroughly enjoying myself......a little too much! I have an old neck injury and I managed to knock it out of whack. I needed help and a friend recommended Karen. She immediately assessed the situation and went to work. Her loving and intuitive attention brought me relief and and a few insights about my injury that are helpful to know. I am usually very careful about anyone touching my neck but I was able to relax and let her do her work with total confidence in her ability. I can't say thank you enough.

Visited January 2013
Dear Donna T, It was a pleasure to welcome you to Revive Healing Arts, and an honor to earn your confidence. I'm thrilled that you were able to experience relief during your adventurous vacation, and I appreciate your review!