My wife and I stayed for a week in February, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The rooms are clean, the views are fabulous, and the staff courteous and helpful.
Prior to our trip we had read many reviews, here and elsewhere, of the Lodge, and even those that liked the hotel seemed to have a problem with the restaurant. We have no idea why. The service was great, the food well-prepared and tasty.
During this vacation we did stay for one night at the Peace Lodge, a very nice small hotel adjacent to the La Paz Waterfall Gardens. The Monteverde Lodge is clean, but relatively plain. No mini-bar, no TV, no amenities outside of what you need, but they cater to the eco-tourist type who are there for the cloud forest, the flora and fauna. The Peace Lodge has all the amenities, we had a beautiful room, jacuzzi on the balcony where we could relax and watch hummingbirds. But the food at the restaurants at La Paz was sub-standard, and the service lackluster at best, not what I expected given the quality of the room, and the price we paid. Comparing the two, I preferred the Monteverde Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 12 Forest View Downstairs Rooms. 12 Forest View Balcony Rooms. (A little more expensive, but worth it. See What Reviewers have said by clicking on "room tips") 1 Downstairs Room is Wheelchair Accessible. • Beds: 2 Downstairs Rooms and 2 Upstairs Rooms have 1 King Bed. 10 Downstairs Rooms and 10 Upstairs Rooms have 2 Double Beds. • All rooms have: In-room safe, hot water, coffee maker, ceiling fan, reading lamps, hair dryer and free wireless internet. • All rooms don't have: TV, AC, or mini-bar. • Service Style: Personalized, informal, caring. • Restaurant: Cuisine: What a Costa Rican Grandmother would cook if she was also a creative and contemporary professional chef. •Atmosphere: Quiet, laid back and tranquil. No background music. Open fireplace. • Suggested activities at hotel: Butterfly and Hummingbird Garden. Plan 1-2 hours. Main Bromeliad and Fern Gardens and La Posa de Yolanda Solar heated Pool. Plan on spending a morning or afternoon. • 3 Computers with internet for guest use at no charge. Spend as little time as possible. You're on vacation. • Suggested stay: 2-4 nights. • Owned and Operated by Costa Rica Expeditions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Monteverde Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Lodge And Gardens
- Monteverde Lodge & Gardens Hotel Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Monteverde Hotel Gardens
- Gardens Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Lodge & Gardens Costa Rica