We stayed here for 3 nights and through the hotel booked the following excursions: day hike in Monteverde Cloud Forest, night hike on the hotel's grounds, and Sky Trek ziplining.
Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and pleasant. They even recommended places to eat in Santa Elana which were fabulous. The breakfast, which is included, was much better than I was expecting. The only downsize for us was that, as other's commented, the walls are extremely thin. If someone is blowdrying their hair in your hallway, you will most certainly hear it. There was a family with many kids on our floor and it was a bit distracting.
The location is great, a quick and easy walk into a cute little town (or a $3 cab ride, you can't beat that)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde