El Establo Mountain Hotel is the best hotel we stayed at in Costa Rica. It has amazing views and lots of wildlife. The view of the mountains and lake are superb and you can see so far. While staying there we took the night tour and saw lots of insects and frogs, but during the day walking around the hotel we saw armadillos, wide-nosed raccoons, and tons of beautiful birds. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are so comfortable, the whirlpool tub with Jacuzzi is relaxing after a long day of hiking. Each room has a great view the way the hotel is spaced out on the mountain. The trails through the forest are fun, but so is walking around the beautifully manicured property. However, if you don’t like walking that much, they do offer a shuttle service that was very quick in picking you up when you called. Both of the restaurants were delicious and have a great view. It has a wonderful breakfast that is included and the prices at lunch and dinner are very reasonable, the wait staff, especially Richard and Maria, were very attentive in remembering your likes and dislikes. I have to say as wonderful and gorgeous as this property is one of the best parts was defiantly the staff, especially Gustavo. He is the concierge; he was amazing at helping to arrange everything from tours to transportation when we left to go to Manuel Antonio. Gustavo even helped us to replace personal items that had been depleted during the trip, going above and beyond. Anytime we were around and there was any type of wildlife he would come and get you to make sure you saw it. El Establo Mountain Hotel was AMAZING and we would defiantly recommend it & stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde