Breathtaking views from the room. Waking up on the morning to rainbows and a spectacular cloud forest view was amazing. Staff was nice and efficient. Breakfast buffet was tasty ( I don't eat eggs or waffles so the extra charge did not impact me). The hotel has a feel of the Van Trap Family Lodge (could be slightly 70"s) but it is stunning. The view from the pool while working out was incredible. We had a room in the 500's and walked to the front desk which took 15 minutes downhill and 25 uphill. We wanted the exercise but the shuttle is always available. The restaurant was tasty for dinner and also had a great view. The hotel is eco-friendly (great!!) however that was a problem in terms of getting a hot shower. The hotel states that you can get 2 15 minute hot showers in the room. I was able to get 4 minutes of hot water at a time and after a 3 hour hike/horseback riding that was frustrating. I would go back to the hotel and stay and keep my fingers crossed that I can have a longer hot shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde