This hotel was set in an amazing part of town. The rooms are all in buildings that are set up along the mountainside meaing you can hike up and down to your room if you feel the need for exercise, or you can use the complimentary shuttle that the hotel offers. When you do use the shuttle you only need to wait a few minutes before they show up to get you.
We had a room in the 900's building, which was at the very top of the hotel grounds. Our view from our balcony was breathtaking. You can see the whole valley and the green of the land is just beautiful. We had chairs on our balcony and it was easy to relax and just take in the peacefulness of the land.
Our room was very spacious and there was tons of room for us to unpack and put our things around the room. The only thing that we found lacking was a mini fridge, which would have been helpful and a room service menu. My friend wasn't feeling well and wanted to order in room service, but we had to get someone to bring us a menu first before we could order. Other than that the food was a good size portion and a decent price. The bathroom was very large and had an amazing shower and tub as well.
Wi-fi is only available in the main buildings at the reception and in the restaurants which was a bit disappointing as you couldnt' get access to it in your room. However, all you had to do was call the shuttle and they would come get you so you could go down and have access.
The restaurant breakfast was very varied and there was a lot to choose from.
Overall the staff was very accomodating and I highly recommend staying at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.