We enjoyed El Establo as it was a comfortable hotel, about a 20 minute walk into town, and the property is so big it has its own hiking at the top of the mountain. You could hoof it to the top or there's a shuttle that can take you there. Definitely bring your camera and binoculars as there was much exciting biodiversity to see.
Our room was a short walk from the main building, however, we heard that the restaurant, Laggos, near the top of the mountain was good, so one night we called for the shuttle to take us there. It was the best food we had while in Monteverde.
A couple restaurants are a short walk away and a supermarket is about a 10 minute walk in a newly constructed shopping center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde