We chose this hotel based on reading all the trip advisor reviews. This was my first trip to Costa Rica and based on the conditions of the road we weren't sure what kind of accommodations would follow. This hotel was a complete surprise. The hotel grounds are simply breathtaking with views of the cloud forest and rooms facing the pond. The staff was extremely helpful and very much involved in assisting us with activities and tours. We stayed in room 535 which was a bit higher up then most but since we had a car rented it was easy to drive up and down the hill. For those without transportation, they have a convenient complimentary shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off.
The reception staff was FANTASTIC offering customer service on par with some of the highest rated American hotels. Much gratitude to Jason in the front for always being professional, knowledgeable and helpful in helping us navigate the hotel and the city. He even assisted me with installing and checking the SIM card on my Iphone and finally got it to work.
The breakfast staff is also extremely helpful. Umberto was always on hand to refill my coffee and tea.
The restaurant by the pond was 5 stars all the way with some of the best food I have ever tasted. The plating, service and flavors were simply heavenly and we didn't mind splurging a little on several occasions. I would highly recommend the Cloud Forrest salad and their Mojitos (2 for 1 during happy hour)
All in all this was one of the greatest travel experiences I have had and I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Monteverde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde