Honestly, the hill isn't such a huge deal. Just go in expecting that if you're on level 5 or above, you'll likely use the shuttle to get up the hill. It was always available when we called. Great breakfast buffet, even for the picky eater kid. Nice big room, but the main feature is the view of the cloud forest. My kids loved the pool and fitness center on level five. The pool was heated and was half-outdoors, so we had a beautiful view. Nice guys at the front desk and concierge service. They were running a special of fifty dollars off at the spa, so I had a terrific and inexpensive facial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde