At the end of a long, dusty, bumpy and winding road.
We were in block 800, a long way up the hill and a long way from reception and the main restaurant. The shuttle was fine. Easy to arrange and prompt. The view was fantastic but the room was quite basic. In the rainy season, with low cloud - it is the Cloud Forest - the room would be rated 1*. The only option for pillows was dense foam ones. Wardrobe space was very poor.
The main restaurant struggled to provide adequate service at times. Wine arrived after we were on our main course.
Wifi in the main areas was welcome.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.