We enjoyed a wonderful stay at hotel Belmar. We had a forest view room which did not benefit from the excellent vistas of the bar, restaurant and more expensive rooms but was none the less beautiful. We chose the hotel aft reading excellent reviews and it did not disappoint. The staff were excellent, the food was great and accommodations were extremely comfortable. The Internet was reliable throughout the property. Inexplicably, one of the hotels greatest features was the least talked about - there is a gorgeous pond amongst the hotel gardens, in the midst of a lush garden below the main building. It's like a small, secret garden with lush grass to sit on in the sun - a wonderful place for yoga, reading or a stroll.
- If you're in the 'other' building (across from the main one) request a room on the top floor. We were kept awake two nights by clomping footsteps above our heads.
- The hotel offers to bring complimentary coffee to rooms due to a lack of coffee makers, but it seems like a nuisance and requires gratuities. A coffee maker would be preferable. And be warned - if you order coffee with dinner, not only do they charge over $2, but they charge by the cup. What costs $7 with dinner (right next to the kitchen), would be free in your room!
- The hot tub was great to have but luke-warm of the first night, and never properly filled during our stay. It was functional, but at only 80% capacity.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Belmar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmar Hotel Monteverde
- Hotel Belmar Costa Rica/Monteverde