“Cloud forest paradise” 5 of 5 stars

+506 8633 0391
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tours with Naturalist local Tour Guide of Monteverde I offer * Wild life Tour Curicancha, * Bird watchingMonteverde Cloud Forest, * Night Walk Monteverde, * Over Night, (Two days in Maximos Station) * Cerro tress amigos hike * MT bike trips *Volcano tour *Lava fiel Tour,*Bird watchang in Arenal,* Rio Celeste,*Cerro chato Hike Arenal,Observatory Lodge walk,*waterfalls hikes Come explore the fascinating world of tropical mammals, birds and bugs on this one of a kind adventure trek through the Rain forest and Cloud Forest of Arenal Mountain Range(Monteverde and ARenal Volcano). This 3 to 4 hour tour is one of the most fascinating excursions in the area and shouldn't be missed. We'll go in search of the creatures you love to loath that creepand fly from Coatis, Tucans to capussine Monkeys. 3 to 5 hour activitys....Sincerly...Johnny Villegas Naturalist & Adventure Tour Guide
New York City, New York
“Cloud forest paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I'm so glad I met Johnny. He took me on a trek into the cloud forest to a ranch owned by a local family and I've never seen anything like it. The ranch itself is located just below the clouds and the biodiversity was incredible. With Johnny's expert knowledge we spotted a Resplendent Quetzal, 3 Toucans, several sloths, wild strawberries and learnt about the region's history, culture and biodiversity. Near the back of the property was a tree full of hanging Oropendula nest/sacks and they would constantly fly in and out of the cloud forest. The gardens around the back varanda were FULL of Hummingbirds. At night it's so cloudy you can't see the stars, but the forests are full of light bugs blinking so it's like the stars have descended. It's truly the most spectacular place and the highlight of my trip to Central America.

Bad Oldesloe, Germany
“Best guide ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My friend and I have just completed a five-week trip to Costa Rica and had the huge fortune of having Johnny as our guide in Monteverde. He came highly recommended to begin with, but truly surpassed our expectations. We had numerous guides in the course of the five weeks, some of which were also very good, but none of them had the knowledge and, above all, passion Johnny brings to the "job". It seems as if to him it is not a job per se, but rather his favorite leisure activity that happens to pay him. His love of the area and his detailed knowledge of the flora and fauna, in particular of orchids and birds, truly made these 3 days very special. He did not tire to find and enable us to see some of the rare birds common to this area, including the quetzal and the "pajaro campana", and taught us how to recognize the birds' songs so that on our subsequent trips to other forest regions of Costa Rica we were able to identify them (GRACIAS, JOHNNY!).
While we decided to communicate in Spanish with Johnny to improve our knowledge of Spanish as well as learning about the area, I have heard him speak English with other tourists staying in the hotel, and I can truly say that his English is excellent as well. So if you are in need of an expert for this region, especially if looking for a birder, do not look any further and hope that Johnny is still available on the days that you are in Monteverde.
You are the best, Johnny! Thanks for everything and making our time there so unforgettable.

Tortuguero, Costa Rica
“Botanical Monteverde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Johnny's parents' hotel (Mannakin Lodge) and while we were there, he toured us around Monteverde. He took us around the town, to the hummingbird gardens, to a hanging bridges tour, on a zipline excursion, a night hike, and on an 8km hike. Did I mention we were there for two and a half days?? He's full of energy and even more full of information about the botanical life of Monteverde. It seems there isn't anything he doesn't know -- or for that matter anyone in town!

We would highly recommend Johnny if you're looking for a fast-paced adventure in Monteverde and want to be kept constantly on your toes!

Thanks so much Johnny and pura vida!