“Favorite part of trip twice in a row!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Attractions in Monteverde
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Horseback Riding Stables in Costa Rica . Horse Trek Monteverde is based in the beautiful area of the Monteverde Cloud Forests. For over 18 years, Marvin Anchia and Janet Ellis have been offering horseback riding tours on well-loved and cared for horses. Rides include: 2.5 hours Mountain & Farm View Ride; 4 hours in the Clouds Ride; Eden Falls Secret Waterfall and Hike Combo; All Day Cowboy Ride and Multi-Day, 2-8 day Horseback Riding Holidays.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Favorite part of trip twice in a row!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have been to Monteverde twice in 3 years and we have done the 2.5 hour tour both times. After we returned to the States from our first trip to Costa Rica, the horseback riding tour was one of our favorite stories to tell, and it will be after this trip as well. This company is very personal and observant. After riding for a bit, the guides will tailor the remainder of the ride to your experience level. The horses are healthy, happy, and the best behaved horses I have ever encountered! Unlike the States, you can run the horses for a bit if you feel comfortable doing so, which to me makes the experience way more fun! This is not the normal nose to butt horse ride, it is so much more than I expected!

Visited October 2012
Marvin A, Owner at Horse Trek Monteverde - Horseback Riding in Costa Rica, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks you!

West Sussex
5 attraction reviews
“First time horse rider has the best experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a first timer, I was anxious about the 2 hours that was ahead of me. However, the horses and the staff were excellent. Instantly felt at ease and each horse was so well behaved. We were all at different levelsof experience and had a great time together. My horse in particular was wonderful. Thank you very much, highly recommend this.

Visited October 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Google 'Monte Verde Marvin Horses' and you will see....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Someone told us that Marvin has the most beautiful horses in Costa Rica. I can say Marvin keeps his horses extremely healthy and they are extremely well trained. I was thrilled that after Marvin saw that I wasn't a complete beginner on a horse, he switched with me part way and let me ride his stallion. And with all the blue morphis butterflys and monkeys to watch, it was nice to let the horse pay attention to the ground. And his demonstration with his dressage horse is not to be missed.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute must, one of our favourite memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Me and my sister were travelling Costa Rica for 3 weeks and booked to do the horse riding with Marvin because we had a free afternoon. Best decision ever! It was just amazing, the views were stunning and Marvin is hilarious! We gave him nearly double what the price was because it was honestly worth it. We are both quite good riders and we wern't bored for a second, the horses are beautifully trained and each one of them uniquely talented, I rode Coyote who can dance!
If you are in Monteverde i couldn't recommend this more! Thank you Marvin!

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Horseback riding in Monteverde is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My mom and I did a three hour horseback riding trip with Marvin 10 minutes after the big earthquake on sept 5th. We were a bit nervous as we thought the horses might be freaked out, and we were nervous about aftershocks. We decided to keep our reservation as we heard a lot about the gentle horses Marvin trains. I am so glad we didn't back out! The scenery was beautiful, the horses were so well mannered and looked after. Marvin kept calling them 'his babies' and they really are. Marvin is a goofball and makes the trip even more fun! We stopped at a place in a tiny town outside of Santa elena for coffee and met the family who runs that place. It was all such an incredible trip! We had to decide between this and ziplining, and this was much more worth it! I had been ziplinging before and am so glad we chose this!!! Marvin asked for 5 stars but he deserved them!

Visited September 2012