“We loved our stay at Casa de Amor!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Stroller parking
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Madison, WI, USA
3 attraction reviews
“We loved our stay at Casa de Amor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My partner and I recently spent a week at Casa de Amor and we loved it! It is a casita located adjacent to the home of Michael and Janet Jenkins who were warm and wonderful hosts. They are delightful people who gave us invaluable information that enriched our stay. Casa de Amor is lovely with a bank of windows that overlook the Gulf of Nicoya and offer a great view of passing clouds and stars at night. It came fully stocked with lots of fresh fruit, eggs, bread, jams, milk and fresh ground coffee. We loved that it is about 1.5 kilometers off the main road and was very quiet. It is an enjoyable 20-30 minute walk to a small commercial area with good restaurants, a small grocery store and an art gallery. The Monteverde Cheese Factory is also nearby. Two nature reserves are also within walking distance with good bird watching on the road. Our only regrets are that we didn't take a yoga class from Michael or get a massage from Janet.

Los Angeles, California
“A Joyful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed browsing through the gift shop while waiting for my massage appointment with Janet. The shop is bright, sunny and welcoming. As a world traveler I have had massages in many different spas and this was the very best. The music selection was soothing, the colors joyful, and the expertise of the masseuse unparalleled. If your travels bring you to the cloud forest of Monteverde, Costa Rica, you must treat yourself with a visit to Rio Shanti Spa.

USA
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely spot for vacation yoga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I took a yoga class here on one of my last days in Santa Elena. Class rate was on par with the cost in the US ($12, I think) and the teacher took us through a nice 1.5 hour vinyasa class. They have mats to borrow -- they were a little grubby from use but they provide towels and mat cleaning spray so you can spiff them up a bit. The space is beautiful -- painted in pastels and looking out onto a balcony. It was a nice way to reflect on my trip while I was still there. :)

Larkspur, California
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely space, mediocre massage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

we went to Rio Shanti based on the rave reviews. Janet was very nice and welcoming and we heard that she gave great massages. Unfortunately, she did not massage us. My husband and I had two other masseuses and they were disappointing. We have received massages all over the world and I would say these were overpriced and under delivered.

Irvine, California
“Love the dog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Bruiser is a little white fluffy dog that I couldn't stop petting. Didn't have a massage there but I'll bet my stress levels went down anyway with that sweet pooch! Cute shop with friendly owners and hand-painted tiles, among other gift items.

Visited December 2011