“Love this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteverde
Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel
You added Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
300m este del cruce Camino Sky Trek | Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 34 Monteverde B&B and Inns
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay at Hidden Canopy. Great vibe, great staff, great breakfast and beautiful rooms and common areas. Natalie and Jen were great at helping us set up activities and arranging for food to be brought in for dinner. (Morphos was great, btw.). We had a Clouds room and it was awesome...highly recommend it. I actually think it had a better view than the treehouse rooms. Lots of birds hang around the feeders outside, so it's a perfect choice for birders! And the best part was the "Tea Time"...great meeting the other guests for adult beverages in the evenings. It was a priority every day to be back by 5p so we would miss the great appetizers and drinks served every night. We especially enjoyed Gio who was very helpful with our bags, food drinks, etc., etc. Lots of cats here, so if you're not a cat person, you're probably not gonna be crazy about this place. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights in the Rising Sun treehouse in mid-February. When we arrived, Jenn was out of town visiting her father in the hospital. We were greeted and had our orientation with Natalia, who is the sweetest and made us feel very special right from the beginning. The sunset happy hours were definitely a highlight. We enjoyed sharing experiences with the other guests. In fact, on our last night in Hidden Valley, we went out to dinner with two other couples to Sophias and had a wonderful time. Jenn did return for the weekend and was a fantastic host. She made it a point to personally get to know each of the guests. My birthday was during our stay, so during happy hour, the staff surprised us with chocolate chip bars (amazing) and ice cream, complete with birthday candles. One of the mornings I was not feeling well (stomach issues) and Jenn instructed her staff to make me a breakfast of plain oatmeal and a special smoothie drink. We went on a tour with Olman to Curi-Cancha. Olman was a fantastic and knowledgable guide and went out of his way to arrange for us to stop at Stella's for lunch and then transportation to San Luis waterfall afterwards. There are a few recommendations about the Rising Sun treehouse that I'd like to pass along. As others have stated, it does get chilly in there, even with the little space heater. It would be a nice touch to include a robe in the treehouse, because I was always freezing getting out of the shower. I showered in the evening, and often ran out of hot water. I also thought it would be nice to include kleenex in the room. When we left Hidden Canopy to travel to Arenal, Jenn gave us her business card, complete with her cell number and told us to call her anytime. Thank you Jenn for a fantastic and memorable time!

Room Tip: I would stay in the room with the jacuzzi if I had a choice.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Each time we visit we can't wait to come back. Jen and her staff are warm, attentive and just a pleasure to be around. Of course this reflects Jen's attitude and her training folks to continue doing their best for her guests. The tree houses are private, spectacular and immaculate. Of all the places we have visited over the last several years this is the best. Do not miss this place on any visit to Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Go for a treehouse and let Jen or her staff help you make the right selection.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Hidden Canopy Treehouse Boutique Hotel was SO AWESOME! The people there treated you like royalty, and the breakfast is making me drool just thinking about it! I was sore from a horseback ride earlier in the day, they called in the owner (Jen's) private massage therapist for me. I - of course - had to pay for that, but the price was very reasonable (half the cost of a hotel's spa massage).

Before we arrived we had booked the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, which was nice, but we heard that there's a private reserve that you can see more birds/animals in, right next to the one we went to. In fact, another couple from Hidden Canopy went to the private reserve on the same day and saw the male and female Quetzel! And we did not see it at all, so ask the people at Hidden Canopy to get you in for the private reserve tour.

One small downside was that I was FREEZING cold the first night we stayed there. Guests in the Glade treehouse have to use a portable heater. Maybe it was user error, but I was really really cold. It would be great to give each guests slippers that stay in that tree house!

Room Tip: If I go back, I would love to book the treehouse with the jacuzzi tub!
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed 2 night in Rising Sun Tree House. We so loved it!!!! Jen and her entire staff are so amazing. They are all so kind and welcoming. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a memorable experience. The only place to stay in Monteverde!!

Thanks Jen,
Miss you all already

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The treehouses are beautiful and the property is gorgeous. The owner has a personality and a half and does everything she can to make your stay wonderful. If I had to criticize (and because this is a review, I guess I have to), I would have to say that despite a portable heater, our treehouse was cold (I come from northern climes and am used to the cold -- so when I say our treehouse was cold, I mean it!). The breakfasts are wonderful and both of the private guides are terrific. The staff can't do enough for you. I'd come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a treehouse that's on the warm side.
Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights, February '13. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and owner, Jen. Happy hour at sunset with a great view is a wonderful end to the day. The treehouses are private and comfortable. Dinner arrangements, takeout delivered from the good local restaurants, to your room are very easy. The guides offered by the hotel are very good. Take the nighttime jungle tour!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteverde
Monteverde Lodge & Gardens
Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa
Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa
#10 of 62 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 stars 1,184 reviews

Been to Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!