Family of 4 traveling with 2 young kids (almost 3yo and 1yo). Stayed in the “triple” room for 3 nights. Very nice spacious room. Had more beds than needed but it was nice to spread out. Two rooms and 2 bathrooms for a great room rate. Balcony within cloud forest. Fridge in the room. Asked for baby bed, though it was ancient and not baby safe (siding had room for baby’s head to go through). Staff was very friendly, ready to help, and helpful (in particular Edgar the manager). He made calls and reservations on a few activities for us. Breakfast was pretty good and plentiful (only tried the tico plate). Laundry was done well and was cheap ($7 for big bag of laundry). Bakery right next door!
Only negatives are:
- Beds and bed sheets were very old. Beds were very hard (we didn’t mind much) but bed sheets had been washed too many times.
- Water in the room tasted funny/not good.
- Sink in bathroom was not mounted to the wall so very dangerous for all and in particular for kids.
- No lunch or dinner available at the hotel.
We highly recommend it, and would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Manakin Lodge Costa Rica/Monteverde
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- in Monteverde de Costa Ricayour hosting lodge solution atManakin LodgeMonteverde - Puntarenas - Costa Ricahostel, hotel, lodge, backpackers, B&B. Your solution in Costa Rica for your tours to rain forest or bosque lluvioso, bird watching, tropical nature, adventures.....Bed & BreakfastExplore the trees and all the animals living there.Some relaxing moments Our flowers.The living room where to relax during the day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Manakin Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.