“Fantastic Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Lodge Motel

Country Lodge Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flaxton
Country Lodge Motel
You added Country Lodge Motel to your Saves list
332 Flaxton Drive, Flaxton, Queensland 4560, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Flaxton B&B and Inns
Lowood, Australia
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Some of the senior citizens from Lowood, Qld went stay here for one week . The hosts were the most fantastic couple, and could not do enough for us. Their meals were superb and varied. Breakfasts were hot one morning and continental the next. Our rooms were lovely with heaters & fans or reverse cycle air conditioning. The towels were lovely and thick and tea and coffee were available to make in your room, which included a small fridge. Our beds were not made by staff, but we did not mind, and our towels were changed every 2nd morning. If you want to have towels, linen etc done for you you should expect to pay more anyway. I have no idea why these other people had complaints of any kind, as I would recommend this place to ANYONE, wanting a relaxing holiday in such a friendly place with GREAT people!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Taree, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We didn't get off to a good start when we were told the key was in the door. It wasn't. This resulted in a 10 minute delay while the lady from reception went looking for a key. The room was large but very dated and sparsley furnished. The airconditioner had sticky tape all over it. The bathroom had a 1950s pink toilet suite and a small 1950s style vanity. The shower had a plastic curtain and the only toiletries were two cakes of soap. The towels were worn and the hand towel was actually a bath mat. No breakfast was offered, which may have been a good thing. We stayed here because it was close to Flaxton Gardens where we were attending a function. In an area that is full of really good accommodation we could've made a far better choice for our $129.00.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alton Downs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My terrible experience started the day before our arrival. I called to confirm our booking, & to also let the motel know, that due to unforeseen work commitments, our daughter had to return to work 1 day earlier than we had originally planned(booked), we had booked for 4 nights. So therefore I let Steve (owner/manager) know this. Well, he then informed me that, that was ok, but I would have to pay for the now un-needed 4th night. When I asked why, he told me that because it was over the New Years break, he had had other people cancel their bookings previously & that wasn't going to happen to him again. Also he told me he had had a very busy year & was very tired, BOO HOO!! Geez, I thought if you had a very busy year you would be ecstatic!!
No, not poor Steve, he was not happy because he was about to sit down to his Christmas lunch with his family! How in the hell I was supposed to know this before I called I'll never know!! Anyway, when I said to him that I thought that was very unreasonable, I was just cutting back 1 night on a 4 night booking, after more unpleasant discussion with him he then told me he could cancel my entire booking, to which I replied that, that would not be an option as we were attending a wedding & would still be needing to stay there.
Bad move, upon our arrival I checked in with a mildly pleasant woman, who was quite a bit nicer than Steve regarding our altered booking, I must say that we did only end up paying for 3 nights.
During our 3 night stay our room was never serviced!! Not only were our beds left unmade, we never had our bins emptied, tissues or toilet paper replaced (my daughter had to go to reception to collect it!) The only thing that was done for us was, the towels,bathmat, hand towel were changed for 1 day, we had to ask the guy doing the rooms for clean ones on the last day). Also the sheets were quite thin.
I'VE SAVED THE BEST TILL LAST!!!
our last night was NYE, upon arriving back at the motel around 11:30pm we discovered there was a party going on, fair enough, but I'm fairly sure it was the owners private party, we had no probs with them celebrating, but come on!! The partying went on way after midnight, (ended about 2:50!!). Which is VERY unprofessional for a place of business, considering we had to be up at 5am so we could get an early start on our 8 HOUR drive home, JUST GREAT!!
then just when you think you've seen & heard it all, some very classy female partygoers decided to have a fight of some sorts outside our room, absolute ferals, screaming & swearing, slamming doors, NICE!!!
Needless to say we didn't get much sleep, we managed to drag ourselves out of bed to drive home.
Finally, I would like to say that the entire experience from start to finish was appalling, I would advise other travelers to steer clear of this "motel"

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Country Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!