“Q-Premium Week review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Okurcalar B&B and Inns
Aalborg, Denmark
“Q-Premium Week review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Being at Q-Premium Resort in Turkey can be one of Your best stays in a Resort, but it also can be sort of unpleasant. I must say that all the new facilities and uplifting decoration can suite the exclusive and 5-star rating Hotel, but its staff´s service experience is rather very poor.
I have been with my family in Q-Premium Resort for a whole week, on a all-inclusive pension during the Christmas vacations, and I have noticed, as usual, lots of good aspects and other not so good points that made this Resort in my opinion, just one more casual 5 star resort in that area. One of the most impressive things You can spot is the assembly to turn that hotel so "Germanish" while all the staff can only communicate in German and in Turkish, and very very few are able to attend You in English. During a week stay, it can be a bit exhausting to explain three times what You really meant, and after that, You still got what You are not willing to have. The young personnel of the hotel, not so enthusiastic and service-oriented people, are demanded to engage good German language skills, and the management do not focus in providing the so called and trivialized 5 star rating service by providing more languages to the customer.
I must say that studying Hospitality and Tourism Management for the last three years, and having a huge passion for this industry, i was more than ready to be inductive and to explore this hotel in a way that I could develop not only my skills, but also to review and criticize the Hotel´s choice in some key topics, that could eventually promote a higher quality to all future guests - as myself, who knows.

In our very first day, while doing the check-in around 22:00 pm, at the very beautiful hotel reception, we were gently approached by a kind receptionist that gave our family two very next to each other rooms without telling us or asking us a thing. No details were explained, no features shown or introduced, and then lead to the rooms by the "luggage-boy". When we got to the rooms, me and my wife went downstairs and asked the reception if we could possibly change the location of our room to another place in the hotel. It was given us, after a huge dilemma at the reception, a new room, and we gently thanked and moved. We started to discover the second room, and we noticed a huge dirty mirror, some destroyed candles, and a missing pillow in a wooden chair. We unpacked partially, till I stepped into a piece of glass, and started to bleed from my foot. I looked at my foot after the shock, told my Wife to stay away (we were both without any shoes after a very long trip) and tried to take the glass off my foot. My Wife then gave me a plastic bag, where I have put my injured foot, and started to look for the origin of the piece of glass. I have found few more pieces actually bigger than the first one near the bed. I was insane, my foot bleeding and the carpet was already tinted with some blood. I went in my shorts down to the reception in order to get some help. I was received by the receptionist, one of the hotel security guard and they took me to the "medical room". The receptionist then sat me at a chair, and correctly, safely and hygienically applied my the first aid, and it was no need to go to the hospital or so. I went t the room and showed to security guard and the receptionist the pieces of glass, and in that time, my Wife, that has been in the room noticed that in the bed, under the sheets and near the pillows were some scary unnoticeable glass stones that were left after the placement of the huge destroyed and dirty mirror in the wall. The security guard have taken some notes, the receptionist noticed us somehow that we are gonna move to other room that night, and in the next day we could come back again. So we did. We went to sleep after the first night experience. In the second day we were ready at 09:00am to be pleasured with the all-inclusive breakfast service, and we went to the reception, changed room-keys, and went to eat. A very nice buffet-system with all some different goods (as expected in a 5-star hotel), and a very joyable and cool decoration and placement. The waiters were coming to the tables and asked the guests for the drinks, as common, and it was easy to get totally pleased with very good food. We then went to discover the hotel´s wellness services. In the -2 floor was the spa and wellness spot, full of turkish baths offers, special massages at very high costs, and its facilities: A sauna, a steam room, massage rooms, Turkish bath, fitness room and a indoor not so heated swimming-pool. There was also a public shower and the staff´s room very very active believe me. We have really relaxed with its looks and atmosphere, and we did delighted ourselves in all these facilities, but along our stay, we also noticed that there was so much staff in there, and it continued to stink in some places, continued to be dirty in the same spots, and sometimes it was really disgusting to see some ugly and dirty places. I guess it could be easily taken in attention, and that was one of the negative aspect of the wellness center. Everything very modern, a very pleasant decoration, but a feeling of non-hygienic habits system. Meanwhile, back in the room we were faced with a small gift consisting of a plate with some fruit, and a very very tasteful wine. Very good intention. Can´t forget that the wine was already opened, and drops of wine were falling from the top of the bottle (layed in a small basket) to the main hotel book information given in the rooms. We ate some fruit, tried the horrible cheap wine (believe, that you can´t really really drink that - no production location, no import/export info, and already opened). We then took some nice showers of the cool room toilet. A cozy toilet that perhaps could be better designed in terms of space and distribution, but the fact was that it was a relative cool toilet. We proceed then to see the hotel outdoor facilities, and I can tell You that we were very happy to see the beauty of the the way how the hotel was designed and functional. Very nice swimming pools were waiting for more heat from the summer sun, and great chair-beds were placed to chill. Along with a very short access to the private beach, which has a great pipe coming from the hotel, giving some rests of watters directly to the beach. But ok, never mind. We saw the play room as well, and it was really well equipped, but expensive as hell. We took again a great lunch sorting the best food in the buffet, and we spend the rest of the afternoon and night drinking some of the all-inclusive beverages. In the bars, it is frequent to face young professionals, giving You nice drinks, but it is hard to ask them in English, so if You are not German, You will get boring believe me. short menu, very repetitive and boring nigths at the Turkish turism destination. Next day we went to the nearest bazaar, 1,5 km away from the Hotel´s place, and we were faced with a fully filled with shops bazaar, and no guest at all. We were the only ones, and at some point, it was almost scary to be listen everybody talking to You, asking You, selling You, inviting You and approaching You. Its a nice experience tough. We went back to the hotel after purchasing some stuff, and we continued to eat, drink, swim, chill, go to sauna, heat room, Turkish bath, and some disco. Yes because the Hotel also had a very very modern disco, equipped with the most modern lights and lasers, very cool ceiling, nice floor, comfortable high chairs and tables, and ultra good audio system. A small dirty bar was placed as well, and as You can imagine, it was not full ever (attending to the time of the year), but it was very cool place to drink the last drink of the all-inclusive timetable. After that time, the beverages were extremely expensive.
Till the end of our stay we enjoyed some relaxing and chilling in the hotel, but we have also faced some other experiences that made us call the attention of some waiters at some point.
Main facts: We have noticed that waiters were putting the used lemon slices of older finished drinks in the new ones - i personally went a couple of times to the waiter and showed him how the lemon was almost of a consistency of some disgusting snail or something. Very very looked to something that has starts to melt and fall apart if You barely touch. Indeed i i was very sick for one day and one night, with a very very bad diarrhea and stomach pain. I was slaying in the bed for almost 20 hours, and getting to the toilet every hour almost. After one day, it was time for for my mom to also get some sick vomits and diarrhea and also spent almost two days in the bed. We will not know if it was the food o something, but we also heard that other German woman were not feeling ok, along with one waiter that was feeling very sick while performing. Fact is that the bacteria was there ! Some of the waiter had a very bad attitude toward the guest sometimes and it was very disappointing to see some waiters joking with You, looking grotesquely at woman, and not being very friendly at all. Specially when the midnight is approaching, and they are already so stressed that in some moments is actually better to forget the last drink. We also have to reefer to the way how the hotel was discriminating some people, while stating that that resort was not able to accommodate dogs, it was sick to see every day, what we think it is the Hotel owner dog, full of hair falling now running freely in the bar zone, and being entertained by both staff of hotel and the local hotel shop holsters that were waiting for some guest to step in their shops. In the meanwhile, in the backyard of the hotel there were more than a hand-full of cats and one dog that were without owner. There were being feed by some guest i supposed, otherwise, the cats would not feel so comfortable and welcomed in that area, at the same time that lots of waiters and cleaning staff were kicking them and removing them from that place. At some point, once, some waiter and the managers were in the terrace, and were ordering to place the cats in a container, near the swimming pool, in front of everybody. There were some argues between some customers and some waiters, and finally the management went out and left the poor cats alone. It was some sort of stupid thing to do at 14:00 pm. We spend Christmas in the hotel, and it was almost no different of a regular day in the hotel. Only a huge cake made by the kitchen was presented and showed to everybody by a glory round trip around the restaurant. Lots of pictures and show, but nothing really impressive tough. Observing the managers and the Hotel owners being too much arrogant and cold, eating at the same time that customers in the buffet, and not even giving the customer the place while waiting for a piece of stake. I would say that this management, and its approach to the customer and its values is very poor. Sometimes i felt quite interested to see how these people behaved around guests, and sometimes it was evident that it was not something very professional.
At some point we think that the choice to stay there for one week was the best, since i think that we could get totally bored in that place for so long time. But in the other hand, the great food and the nice toilets and outdoor swimming pools gave us the relaxing moments that we were really hoping to get. In my opinion, I would say that after one year, or possibly after two years, with more experience, this hotel could really be a very very uplifting experience. Now it is important to take care of the staff and its attitude towards the guest, to for once create a unique experience, such as unique hotel it is in that area.
Wish You a great trip ;)

Room Tip: Choose the last floor rooms. The have a better view over the sea and beautifull hotel suroundings. C...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
HK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

BeenTo Q PREMIUM resort on november 2011Most oog the guests were still swimming in the warm sea of mediterranean. and sunbathing at the relaxing atmosphere of the beautiful beach of the hotel and the spacious swimming pool.It is a new hotel with above-the standard facilities. Very well decorated, a mix of modern and art-deco touches cobined together in a very relaxinng ambiance, Food is spectacular, service is nice and easy. Perfect value for money combination. Will visit in summer foor sure for the high season.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner suite rooms at the tip of the hotel , with 270 degree pool and sea view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Q Premium Resort? Share your experiences!