“Apart Hotel Aryan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apart Hotel Aryan

Save Saved
You added Apart Hotel Aryan to your Saves list
Apart Hotel Aryan
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Rue des palais 64, Schaerbeek, Brussels 1030, Belgium   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Schaerbeek B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Apart Hotel Aryan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Locations could be better, not the safest area of Brussels. The room is clean, furnitures are the usual ikea stuff but still new. The door of the hotel opens only from inside, means only the receptionist can let you in to the hotel. (kinda weird) The receptionist and maids were kind, no problem with them.
The triple room has a small kitchen adjusted to the room, no fridge though..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Durham, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Nice clean hotel. Comfortable bed & pillow. Winter stay, but heater was good and there was a nice thick quilt, and extra blanket available. Quiet location except for tram, but there are noiseless rooms in the back, with a small balcony. Easy walk from Brussels North train station; a bit of a hill to climb. Half hour walk to downtown but the #94 tram stops right in front of the hotel. 6 euro breakfast has everything except hot cereal - worth it. Kitchenette but no fridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I went to brussels, belgium for 3 days trip from Feb 10 to 12 2012.
I flew in to Charleroi Brussels south Airport and took the airport express bus to Brussels Midi/Sud Gare
, which is 13 Euros and return 22 Euros(buy return whoever
on short travel). Airport is very far around 60 Kms and reaching 45 minutes to Gare Di Midi Station(in front of rau de france and rau de illustration square).
If Bus is Crowded, look for sharing taxi around 7 passengers (maximum 15 to 20 Euros). From then Change to Metro(Line 2 and 6) and I buy brussels 3 days card 13 euros
(bus, tram and metro covering) and get down botinque Metro Station and take Tram 94 to Lefrancq get down(3 Stop from botinque Metro Station)and hotel in front or
Tram 92 to Saint maria(2 Stops) and walk 4 minutes reach to hotel. Public Transportation is very good on time, u reach 25 Minutes to Hotel from Gare Di Midi.
Very nice hotel. Quite new, with big bathrooms, a stove and also a sink in the bedroom.
The Residence Aryan hotel was extremely good value for the price all rooms looking modern and clean. staff are extremely helpful and pleasant too.
i also liked the 24 hrs services at the reception, which mean any time a guest arrives, he / she is sure to check in and lastly.
The hotel is not central but easily within travelling distance to everywhere you would wish to visit by metro and/or tram(Gare Di Centralle or Gare Di Midi).

Room Tip: First Floor is Good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The location of the hotel is very good. You can get to the city center by tram (10 minute) or by foot (30 minutes).

The breakfast costs 6 euro, and it's basic but ok (because it costs only 6 euro).

The Internet connection is not free but it's cheap (1-2 euro/h as I remember).

The kitchenette doesn't work.

When you leave the hotel you should leave also the key at reception for cleaning …. ???!!

The payment is done at the arrival. There is a general trust problem.

The room could be cleaner (the hotel is new).

I recommend this hotel only because it's cheap (50 euro room/night + 6 breakfast) and in a central location.

In the winter is ok, bun on summer there is a problem I think if the window must be opened. The opposite street is noisy (only if the windows is opened).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Ok.. I booked this place even after reading the reviews, submitted before mine.
I only needed a place to sleep and shower, my stay wouldn't be longer than 8 hours, so I figured not much could go wrong.
Well, I only paid 48 euro's. And I have to say that even that is too much for this place.
I arrived at the 'hotel' at 23:00, after having walked through a not so pretty part of town (I don't mind bad areas, but if you do, don't go to this place), but very near (less than 5 minutes) North Station.
Upon my arrival the lady behind the front desk was very grumpy, unwelcoming and plain unfriendly and rude. I asked her if she wasn't happy to receive guest at the hotel after which she explained that her shift was over and that she was tired. It was an explanation for her bratty behaviour, but she offered no appologies.. anyway.. 48 euro's, i wasn't expecting much.

My room (201) was located facing a courtyard, not the street, so I didn't have any street noise the other reviewers talk about. I can't really review the size of the room, since I had booked a single room, but I was given a room with 3 beds, so it was large for me. If I had to judge it on having to stay there with 3 people, I would say it's small. The room wasn't that bad. The interior was fairly new, but it was IKEA style flatpack stuff, that was put together properly so everything was wobbly. The bathrooms wasn't cleaned properly many hairs all over.
On the door there is a notice stating not to leave any valuables in the room, as the hotel is not resposible if anything goes missing.
One other reviewer talks about itching all over because of the sheets. Well, I suffered the same fate. I am not sensitive and I have allergies, But I really was itching all over after being in the bed for 5 minutes..

The worst thing about this place to me was the noise. Eventhough I wasn't on the street side, I really wasn't able to sleep. You litterally hear EVERYTHING that goes on in every single other room. Ever key that is turned, ever light switch that is flicked, every cough, every turn.. you get to hear it.

Like I said.. 8 hours .. 48 euro's ... If I had paid 1 cent more, I would have been seriously peeved,.. If I had had to stay there 1 minute longer I would have been seriously peeved.

I can't review the breakfast, as I just left without it..

There are 2 good things at this place:1. the shower had a lot of power and got nice and hot.
2. The hairdryer had a lot of power (I am sure I woke the entire hotel up when I dried my hair at 6:00 am).

Just go somewhere else there are plenty of options in Brussels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is close to the Gare de Nord and we chose it mainly because of this. It's not so bad, the staff is really friendly and even if the check-in started at 14,00, we got our room earlier. What I mostly appreciated was the staff, it was a very gentle lady who gave us a map and even reccomended where to go and how to get there. The neghborhood is not so dangerous, I felt safe, and I enjoyed the Turkish restaurants around. The room was big enough for two and very clean, but it was very close to the reception and it was a little bit noisy during night. Moreover, the bed was quite unconfortable, but for a one-night stay it worked fine. I reccomend this hotel for a budget trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I choose this hotel mainly for its location, close to the Brussels North station, and its price, as I was only looking for a very basic overnight stay before catching a very early train. In this the hotel succeeded very well. The room was very small but more than ok for one person. Bathroom was very clean. But I would like to have a kettle in the room. And there is no refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Apart Hotel Aryan? Share your experiences!