“Great b&b” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Josaphat Park Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schaerbeek
Josaphat Park Bed and Breakfast
You added Josaphat Park Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
rue Vandenbussche 54, Schaerbeek, Brussels 1030, Belgium   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Schaerbeek B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a great b&b! Very friendly owners. The breakfast was very fresh in the morning. With fresh orange juice and homemade bread and jams with meats and cheese. The location is about 20-30 min to the downtown core by bus. The bus stop isn't far. The nighbourhood of the b&b is great there is lovely park across the street and a couple restaurants in the area (but not to many). Great stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

we were lucky enough to spend two nights with Cathy and Richard at their b b in Brussels. the B&B is lovely (100 years old , but has been well maintained and updated. we had a very late arrival 2200 but Cathy waited up for thank you, it was a long day.
The room was so wonderful and spotless , the bath was down the all but for us only!
The breakfast is in a lovely sunroom with meat cheese bread bread and coffee juice. We were offered trip advise and discounted bus tickets , the bus to town s 4 blocks walk.
We had a great time.
The home has lots of stairs and does not have a lift , but we were able to manage fine.
Highly recommend ,

Mike & Cindy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I made a last minute decision to travel to Belgium during our recent stay in London and were looking to find something affordable and hospitable. I came across this B&B on tripadvisor and had to check it out. I emailed Cathy two days before our arrival and made our reservation. She was very helpful in getting us set up before our arrival (emailed directions, website info, tips on public transport travel cards, etc.). Upon our arrival Richard greeted us and promptly set us up in our room and explained all the ins and outs of this fantastic 100 year old house. Our hosts were quite hospitable, making our first stay in Belgium as welcoming as one could ever imagine. They gave us several tips on getting around town, sights to see, places to eat, and even helped us get some cough medicine for my wife. It was very nice getting to know them and we will definitely stay there again, given the chance. For anyone who has never experienced a B&B, you will be spoiled by this place and measure any other establishment to its benchmark.

Room Tip: Just be aware that there are a number of stairs to climb for those who might have trouble.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at Josaphat Park B&B for two nights in November 2012 and had a wonderful time. Cathy was very helpful in giving me lots of information on Brussels and even provided me with a map and guide book of Brussels to take with me on my walks around town. I was sleeping in a room on the top floor of this beautiful house and it was very cosy, quiet and nice. Lots of books to choose from if you haven't brought your own and excellent facilities overall. The breakfast too was wonderful and filling. It is a very homey place but you can have your independence and privacy as the hosts are very discreet and friendly. The location may seem far from the city centre but I could use the public transportation without any problem, as there is a choice of buses or a tram to get you to the city centre in maximum 20 minutes (or to the Atomium) very nearby. I would gladly go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

When traveling alone, I always prefer to stay in a Bed & Breakfast place. It was a treat to have found Josaphat Park. The house is 100 years old but the rooms are not outdated at all. They are all well lit and cozy that you will immediately feel you are "at home" in a foreign land. Not only that! Richard and Cathy are the best hosts!! You will immediately love them. Well, at least I did and totally felt they were my family in Brussels. With Richards help, I was able to commute around the city on my own during the first day. The place is extremely clean and you never have to share your bathroom with anyone. Check out the photos I posted. I didn't even bother posting photos of the room and bathroom as they look exactly like those on their website. Thought of sharing their beautiful garden and the view from my window on the third floor.

Room Tip: if you are traveling alone, it might be a good idea to get the single room at the top floor. You wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We spent two nights here with our three teenagers at the end of a two-week trip. Hosts Cathy and Richard were very nice and helpful with suggestions for dinner and sightseeing. Even went out and bought a fan to cool our room during an unusual hot spell. The home is gorgeous and our adjoining rooms were quite comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, including homemade jam and bread. It's not walking distance to Brussels landmarks but the bus stop is just across the beautiful, expansive Josaphat Park, which is right down the street and great for a morning run. Our youngest also enjoyed their cat and tortoises!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while in Brussels and enjoyed it very much. It's a nice location- near bus stops and trams that can get you anywhere. The homeowners were very helpful about instructing us on how to use it and what to see in Brussels. The place was clean, breakfast was great, and we were very comfortable here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Josaphat Park Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!