“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dame de Carreau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koekelberg
Dame de Carreau
Ranked #2 of 4 Koekelberg B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my first stay and won't be my last . The B&B was within easy reach of the city center and Laurent and Philip made me most welcome and my stay was very relaxed. I couldn't as for a cleaner , friendly and welcoming atmosphere . Breakfast was excellent and I have learnt a little bit more about the real Brussels.Thanks for all the advice and I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank David H

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

After traveling for a week, I was pleasantly surprised by this B&B! I was only there for 2 nights and had little contact with the owners as I was frequently gone, but the room was AMAZING: large, comfortable, clean and was decorated with style and taste. It's very close to the subway station (might here a few trains because of this, but it's nothing too loud or annoying - just city sounds) and easy to get to. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods and coffee etc. and left fresh bread and pastries every morning! This is really a GEM of a place, especially for the money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tinabeth
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for a week in July. In advance of our arrival, our wonderful hosts made sure we were aware that we were arriving on an important, special holiday and gave us information about how to make the most of their Independence Day festivities. Throughout our stay, they patiently answered our many questions regarding recommendations of places to go. Phillipe and Laurent were always smiling and happy to help wherever and whenever they could to make our visit to Belgium pleasant. They even called a nearby Pizzaria (La Luna's) to order for us in French! We made a day trip to Paris, and Laurent took the time to help us research and plan our itinerary. We truly were successful in seeing and enjoying Paris in a day! As the others state in their reviews, we awoke to fresh bread and pastries daily. The refrigerator was regularly stocked with meat, cheese, OJ, milk, beer, and filtered water. The rooms were comfortable, cozy, and decorated such that we felt like we were welcomed guests in a family member's home. As another example of their thoughtfulness, Phillipe printed out maps for us to find our way back to the airport, and gave us tips on how to save time with alternate routes. They are conveniently located nearby two metro stations, so we never had a need for a car. We felt truly cared for and at home here. The four of us have no question in our minds that should we be fortunate enough to visit Brussels again, we will definitely plan to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HLH18
Wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here. The info in emails provided was excellent. Not too far on the metro and easy walk from the metro station. Maps provided were very handy. Breakfast was good and the room comfy and well appointed. The pink room was great with a sitting room and toilet.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank geeijo
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I immediately felt like home here. The rooms are so comfortable and welcoming that it took me a quite a while to get out of bed and check out the city. Laurent and Philippe are very helpful. They looked up train departure times and times of entry of museums and spas for me. Thank you so much.

Everything is thought of: there is a heater in the (rather chilling) bathroom, a private kitchen and a living room with a DVD collection. So i skipped freezing Bruxelles at night and went for "Casablanca" instead.
The hostel is perfect when you are traveling alone.

I hope to be back one day..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank eve_baumgartner
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently and were wowed by the hospitable hosts we had, the charming decor of the rooms (Bedroom, adjoining TV room as well as the kitchen), and the close proximity to our favourite attraction - Grand Place. Dame de Carreau is only 4 metro stops away from Grand Place and is also located in a nice family-ish suburb. Our bedroom was the 'Hearts' bedroom, which was cosy and spacious, decorated in a quirky boutique hotel style. We were even welcomed with yummy Belgian truffles at our bedside upon our arrival. Our hosts, Phillip and Laurent were the most accommodating people ever. They recommended places to go to and we went to a great beer place Laurent suggested, as well as a majestic basilica that is close to Dame de Carreau. When the Eurostar was delayed due to the recent national public sector strikes, Laurent kindly arranged for us to stay one more day until the strikes were over, arranged for a cab to take us to Brussels Midi and most importantly, helped calm our frazzled nerves. There was always plenty of food in the fridge, beers and a wonderful breakfast of freshly baked breads waiting for us everyday. I'd recommend this to families, couples and people who don't speak French or Dutch because Phillip and Laurent speak perfect English and will make you feel right at home.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WJMSingapore
Sosua, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This charming and comfortable B & B is the sort of place that causes major conflict: on the one hand, it is so great that you just want to sing it from the mountaintops, but on the other hand, you want it to be a secret so you'll always be able to book! Such a problem!

La Dame de Carreau is a 2 and 1/2 room B & B in the Koekelberg section of Brussels, definitely a neighborhood-in-transition, only 10 minutes from the city center, served by Brussels's excellent mass transit. We--my 16-yr. old son & me--stayed in the Pink Room with the connecting Clover Salon over the Thanksgiving holiday. This mini-suite has its own little WC, possibly the only bathroom smaller than on an airplane. I have small hands, and I could not fit both into the sink simultaneously! It is so perfect, so comfortable, and so cosy.

You will never find hosts as charming and helpful as Phillippe & Laurent. They have perfected the art of hospitality, and the world would be a better place if we could clone them. From the lovely touches like the open-kitchen policy (essential with an adolescent!), the delicious fresh pastry and breads daily, clean linens after 3 days, free WiFi, restaurant & sightseeing recommendations: the list just goes on and on.

I guess I am opting for the "sing it from the mountaintops" approach. La Dame de Carreau is a wonderful find, the kind of place you pat yourself on the back for discovering, all the while saying "ain't I the clever one.". But it's all about these two remarkable men and their wonderful house.

If only they could make it a chain..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Mollybloom51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koekelberg
Made in Louise
Hello Hostel
Hello Hostel
#1 of 2 in Koekelberg
4.0 of 5 stars 254 reviews

Been to Dame de Carreau? Share your experiences!