“Something Different” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eurocap Hotel

You added Eurocap Hotel to your Saves list
Eurocap Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chaussee de Dieleghem 114-118, Jette, Brussels 1090, Belgium   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jette
Laurel, Maryland
“Something Different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this hotel through expedia. I wasn't using a rental car and learned that I needed a bus from the metro station. The number #13 & #15 bus took me close to the hotel from the Simonis metro or the #84 from the Roi Baudoin metro. The street was a small one and some bus drivers weren't familiar with it. The Herakles restaurant is on the corner of this street.

The room came with a mini kitchen; however, I couldn't leave food in it during the day as the room was powered with electricity only when the room key was placed in a little slot on the wall. The shower door didn't close snugly, so a little water leaked on the floor when taking a shower. The television service was good as there were shows in English.

The hotel room didn't have a clock and I left mine at home. I had to purchase a clock in order to know the time. Most tv stations did not show the time especially at night.

The staff was friendly, attempted to help with questions, and spoke English. There were not enough brochures about tours and travel compared to many hotels in the U.S.

The breakfast was more of a continental breakfast - not a full breakfast bar. There were few hotels in the neighborhood so it was important to eat before returning to hotel in case I didn't Greek or Chinese. Herakles was quite nice (Greek restaurant).

I wasn't overly impressed with housekeeping duties of my room. The breakfast room seemed to get frequent attention when I was there for breakfast. I thought my room could have received more attention. I also noticed a blanket that needed to be washed, but it remained in the room the entire time.

I was happy to control my heat and that the heat didn't cut off during the day when the room had no electicity. It was quite cold (11/13- 11/16).

The room didn't come with an iron. There was free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby. The lobby computer was in a corner which needed more lighting. There is no pool or fitness center. I got my exercise in the metro stations and during walks around town.

The neighborhood was quiet and I felt comfortable walking from the bus stop at night as a single female. The hotel was not too far from UZ Brussels.

Room Tip: Although travel books mentioned staying in Brussels Midi, it was more peaceful staying away from the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dieren, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in this hotel and I will come back to this hotel.
The room was clean and the bathroom as well.
There's a parkinglot behind the hotel but there was a limit of parkingspace.
Breakfast was good, you don't have the choice as in the big hotels but for this price you got a good breakfast.
The only thing that I found strange that there is a waterboiler in the room and 2 cups but nothing more, so if you want coffee or tea, you have to bring it yourself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurocap Hotel? Share your experiences!