“Decent enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gresham Belson Hotel

You added Gresham Belson Hotel to your Saves list
Gresham Belson Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue des Anciens Combattants 1, Evere, Brussels 1140, Belgium   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Evere
New York City, New York
“Decent enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here for one night last June because I had an early flight out and wanted to be near the airport. I'm picky about hotels and do research for hours before selecting a place to stay, even for a short night. I found this hotel using the app hoteltonight and got a good bargain.
I remember the reception area being nice and wide open, however the gentleman at the desk was rather unacommodating and snobby. I specified in my reservation that I would require a double bed room and when I checked in, he unapologetically dismissed me, saying he had no double rooms left at that time. I didn't push the subject because I just wanted to get into a room already.

He did help me out with a large item I had in two that required overnight freezing. He gave it to the kitchen staff to store in their industrial freezer for me and had it waiting for me when I checked out the next morning. That was nice.

The hallways are drab and long. Walking to the room from the elevator seemed to take forever, especially with a wheelie suitcase.

The room itself was ordinary, clean but not immaculate. Water pressure and temperature was sorely lacking. It took way too long to draw up a bath.
The bed was decent enough, you won't care about it if you are very tired.
They arranged an airport shuttle that was prompt and convenient.

Wasn't terrible but would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
WillemsRaf, General Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Esther,

At first, we would like to thank you very much for staying at our hotel and thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We have shared your comments with the team, so that they also are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meeting your expectations.

Your feedback regarding the room and bathroom has been sent to our Housekeeping/Technical Department and they will surely look into it in order to serve you better in the near future.

Thank you for complimenting on our shuttle service, we are always trying to provide the best service for our guests starting with the arrival at the airport to their return flight home.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you again at the Gresham Belson Hotel Brussels.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Had the opportunity of staying at the Gresham Belson in Brussels for a week. The hotel offers a variety of rooms and I received a corporate rate that was truly attractive. The hotel has excellent rooms that are functional and cozy. Good Bed, excellent breakfast and wifi access throughout the hotel. We also used the conference room facility for our business meetings.

The hotel arranges complementary pick and drop from the airport.Excellent as Taxi's are a rip off.

On the flipside, while there are a few takeaways and restaurants in the vicinity the options were limited.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and would like to recommend it to anybody looking for a short stay in Brussels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WillemsRaf, General Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
First of all, thank you very much for having stayed at the Gresham Belson Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience online.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your room, it is our goal to provide the best and most comfortable rooms to our guests! It is very important to us that our guests feel comfortable staying here for extended periods of time. It is also good to hear you took advantage of our meeting rooms, and we hope you use them again in the future.

Thank you for commenting on our shuttle, we are always trying to provide the best service for our guests from when they land at the airport to when you make your return flight home!

The next time you stay with us, feel free to ask the reception on where the best places to eat are, they would be happy to assist you.

Also I'd like to let you know that we've started doing refurbishments to the rooms and bathrooms as well as touching up & refreshing all the public areas to make sure everything looks fresh and new to increase the overall guest experience.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm glad to stay there, maybe location is not the best one - to far from Brussels downtown, but it's close to NATO HQ (30min walk) in which I was interested in. Staff is helpful and gentle. Room was OK, but carpet needs cleaning. Breakfast included in room rate was OK, satisfying variety of food and pleasant ambiance. Free shuttle minibus to the airport. There was to many people to pack all of us to the shuttle so staff arranged a taxi paid by hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay here in Brussels! Thank you also for complimenting our staff, they do their best to be accommodating. We are also more than happy to pay for your taxi to the airport if our shuttle is full, and we are glad you took advantage of our services!

Almaty, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel. The hotel is not big and a little bit old inside with a stinky scent in the room. The hotel has a friendly staff. The location of hotel is not for the tourist as it is situated outskirts of the city. This is not the best place from which you would start exploring Brussels. Right-side of the entrance there is a bus station, 20 meters further there is a Carefour. Open hours until 19.00, very convenient. The hotel is not a four star one. The bathroom and toilet is too compact and need a repair. The room price is a little overpriced for this hotel to my mind. Positive things: The breakfast cost 5 euro and menu fully meets to demands. You will not be a hunger after breakfast. They do a good coffee. The hotel also proposes a free transfer from airport to hotel and back to airport. They give a 7 days internet access via wi-fi even if you stay less than 7 days. The hotel locates 15 minutes from airport that’s also very convenient.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
WillemsRaf, General Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014

I first would like to thank you for the compliment about our staff, they do a great job welcoming guests and we like to hear positive feedback! I hope that you had the chance to explore the city using the bus that stops outside the front of the hotel. We feel that our location is in a quite neighborhood that still offers things to do, without all the noise of the center of Brussels.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, and that your took advantage of the free shuttle to and from the airport. I hope that when you return to Brussels you will use them again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This is not a 4 star hotel. Rooms very basic and in need of refurbishment. Bathroom was very much in need of work, with cracked toilet and bath. Very thin walls - you could hear everything from next door rooms. Someone also decided that it would be a good idea to start sanding down the walls on my corridor at 7.00 am! Very much overpriced for what you get.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

I have talked to our maintenance staff about the hour at which they start their work, and will be sure to start their work at a better hour for our guests. I hope that the next time you stay with us your experience is a more pleasant one!

Kind Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Good customer service, room was very clean and big enough. There is also an underground parking which is 17 euros. The breakfast is also expensive, I think it was 19 euros. And the hotel is not far from the international airport (Zaventem), it is only 10 mins drive!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

We very much appreciate your comments on our customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel! Our staff works very hard to keep the hotel looking its best! I hope you took advantage of our free shuttle service when traveling to and from the airport, but you are correct in saying it is not far away if you choose to drive yourself.

Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Rates itself as a four star hotel, but I would give it three stars at most. Small rooms, not too clean and with that low wattage light bulbs that are a recipy for depression. The parking, at about 23 euros a night (with taxes) is an aberration in parking complexity and size of parking places. No gym, proper restaurant or pool facilities. Spotty and unreliable Internet connection. Front desk staff was friendly and breakfast was good, but all in all too expensive for what it offers.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
WillemsRaf, General Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear sir or madam,

I can assure you that our housing staff works extremely hard to make sure the rooms are top notch. The problems you mentioned are not acceptable, and I have alerted the staff to look out for light bulbs that are dimming. Thank you for the kind comments about our friendly staff, they try to be as warm and welcoming as possible.

Kind regards

Been to Gresham Belson Hotel? Share your experiences!