“take all efforts to think for the customer” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Etterbeek
Stockholm, Sweden
“take all efforts to think for the customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff are really nice and warm.

When I arrived, I was told that there is an open-market during weekend outside the hotel and started from 4-5am. To avoid the disturbance of my sleeping, they upgraded my room to another side without paying more. This is really nice and careful thinking for the customer. Therefore, I really have a very nice stay and good sleep during my stay over the weekend.

If I will travel back to Brussels, I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear DoctorYoYo,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice comments and feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor.

It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback from our contented guests. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Sofitel Brussels Europe is a great hotel in a great location. When having business with the EU institutions the hotel gives great proximity to main areas of the EU quarter (Rond Point Schuman, European Parliament, European Commission) and at the same it is located in an interesting Brussels place called Place Jourdan, which is home to the best friterie in Brussels - Chez Antoine (french fries outlet, which as Belgians like to say origin in Belgium) and also to weekend local fruit and vegetable market. A good combination of EU and typically Brussels flavour. Services proveded were superb including free Wifi or a fitness room.
I took benefit of special offer - 100 EUR per night (available for night from Sunday to Monday). The price was great taking into account the level of service offered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ondrej_13,

Looking forward to welcoming you back for antoher Sofitel Brussels in the near future

Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Really nice rooms, slightly far from the centre of Brussels but good for the Euro Parliament. The Place Jourdain just outside has the best chips in Belgium.
Prices are very expensive during the week, but excellent value at weekends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Mr DC56,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience on the Trip advisor forum.

You are absolutely right. As we are located just in the heart of the European Commission and European neigborhood, the room rate during the week hence then pretty much higher than the ones in the weekend. Most of the time, you could find easily the highly competitive room rate or/and the package during the holiday periods. So please keep an eye on it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Brussels Europe for another Sofitel Experience in the near future.

Happy Easter.

Front office manager
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A little too far from the Grand Place but the amenities and the hotel itself were quite nice.

The concierge was helpful but we really blew it on the tour bus in Brussels because the tour didn't start till 10 am and the last bus was at 3 pm. We ended up getting off at the Grand Place at noon and by the time we were ready to get back on the bus, the bus had stopped running. Not the Sofitel's issue, but I wished the concirge had told me about the times that the bus ran.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your time and your constructive comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe

I'm sorry to hear that your tour which was recommended by our coniergedid not live up to your expectation. Kindly be informed that a complaint letter is signed and sent by myself to the company in order to be out aware. Hopefully, they will make their utmost to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

Please accpet our most sincere apologies even though we could not control the situation as you have mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another Sofitel Experience.

El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located on a square about 5 minutes walk from schuman metro stop. The square has about 10th different restaurants to choose between. The hotel rooms are clean and modern but breakfast is expensive. I would recommend having breakfast at a nearby cafe or even buying from carrefour across the road.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear me_not_likey,

Even though, you have considered the price of our breakfast or the price list in our restaurant "BE Café marché jourdan" is pretty high. We are delighted to hear that you were happily satisfied with your stay, especially with our service quality, the staff, location and the comfort in the room. Our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel.

I have noted your comment in regards to the price of our Breakfast. Kindly be informed that we have made an analysis of the hotels on the similar category in Brussels area, our rate stays the most competitive one which has not been amended since last three years.

We aim to provide our local and international guests the variety of choice, fresh and seasonal products. There are several options which are offered such as à la carte, express breakfast at 15eur the continental one at 23eur and the buffet one at 28eur only

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. I thus thank you again for having shared us your experience

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another Sofitel experience

Gottingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Absolutely fabulous! Charming lobby, very professional staff and service - although I do not like big hotel chains this particular place is just adorable (perhaps they just might ease on the air refresher, it's killing the noses).

The room is big enough, has WiFi, I especially liked the bed/mattress/bed linen - all of them extremely comfortable. I liked the spacious bathroom and the big shower. Surprisingly small wardrobe.

The breakfast is just delicious, big choice and all fresh and tasty looking, but it was highly overpriced. If included in the room price - you won't regret, if not - it's better to go to Exki which is close enough.

Breakfast was great but the cocktails - in the hotel's very comfortable bar - just perfect. I honestly have never tried such a good cocktails! Both, their own champagne based cocktails as well as classics were just perfect. Nice choice of wine and beer, as well as tasty finger food. To be fair the prices are really high, but it's worth to pay more for such a good cocktails. i shall come back there even if I won't be staying at Sofitel. Really professional and friendly waitress/bartender. Divine Irish coffee.

This is the best hotel near to the Commission's building/Schuman. And I saw/tried many of them in previous year. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to sleep there in a couple of weeks again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear me_not_likey,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe.

We are happy to see that you have spent a nice stay with us. Your loyalty and encouraging comments are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another Sofitel experience

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel Brussels Europe for a weekend getaway in March 2013. The hotel is quite modern and is located in a business district. I previously read an article suggesting that the hotel is an ideal spot for tourists, and it was my fault that I did not research the distance of the hotel to local tourist attractions a bit deeper instead of relying on the article. It's approximately a 25-minute walk from the hotel to Grand Place. There also was a 10-15 minute wait for taxis at times from the hotel, which is something to keep in mind if you're planning to take taxis instead of walking. For business trips, however, this hotel would be perfect.

Our first impression of our room on the fifth floor was not good - we walked in and we were hit with a horrible sewer smell. We called the front desk, and they came up to the room and said the smell was coming from the toilet (kind of an obvious point). They moved us to another room with a worse view without an apology, which was a bit odd. The room smelled much better (thank goodness), but we were a bit put off by the way we were treated.

The room contains a comfortable king size bed, desk, flat-screen tv, and spacious closet with a safe. The bathroom has a great rain shower, but please check your bath products before you hop in the shower each day. The hotel provides L'Occitane products, but our shampoo was removed from the shower for some reason on our second day. Not fun to realize this when you're already in the shower.

Aside from our initial room issue, we found the staff to be quite friendly, especially the doormen. There is a cute market in the square in front of the hotel on Saturdays and Sundays, which is a great place to pick up delicious cheese and meats. Additionally, Maison Antoine, which is also in the plaza, allegedly has the best frites in Brussels. We skipped it because of the lines, and I am regretting it now! :)

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business stays. For weekend visitors, I would suggest staying closer to Grand Place or Place du Grand Sablon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear B.G._Chicago,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience on the Trip advisor forum.

The hotel is located in the heart of the european commission neighborhood and only 10 minutes by taxi to the Grand place. I'm sorry to hear that you found this was inconvenient. Kindly be informed that besides the well-known and closed by museums, there is also the famous local market just in front of the hotel every Sunday morning which attracts numerous guests during the weekend as well especially the cheese and fruits lovers.

Please kindly accept my most sincere apologies regarding the undesirable smell which you have encountered on the 5th floor after checking in.

Would you please emailing us through nathapong.laorvong@sofitel.com with more details such as your room number, corridor so that I could conduct a full investigation with our chief engineering in order to such reoccurence in the near future?

I have noted as well your comments that we have removed the bathroom amenities in order to replace you the new set ups which would not be the case. Kindly be informed that I have shared your comment to our Executive Hosepeeking for a corrective action.

On behalf of the Front Office Team, I would like to thank you for your king compliment on our doorman services, please be assure that I will try my utmost to share your comments the team in order to better handle whenver we receive any guest's feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Brussels Europe soon in the future.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Sofitel Brussels Europe? Share your experiences!