“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Etterbeek
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good to here for business. Really friendly staff. Rooms great with really comfortable beds and pillows. Good selection for breakfast. We had supper in the restaurant which was really tasty and well presented. However when I have stayed in Brussels before I have stayed in more central hotels as it is abit outside of the main venues but the hotel offers an excellent stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Hervé D, Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your time and your constructive comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe.

We are happy to see that you have spent a nice stay with us. Your loyalty and encouraging comments are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback from our satisfied guests. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We guarantee you that your experience in our Hotel is providing us with relevant additional guest comprehension and experience. We remain at your entire disposal for any kind of information that you may need and we hope your next visit will be more than excellent and truly unforgettable.

Hervé Deniau
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Actually rather briliant.

Stayed 2 nights and unusually on a business trip could easily of stayed another couple of nights it was that good.

Great room, great restaurant and good location (close to the train station and easy to Brussels centre on the Metro)

Room Tip: Get a room high up
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Hervé Deniau
Executive Assistant Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When going to Bruxelles on business I normally stay in the city center, but having a tight schedule I decided to try the Sofitel at Place Jourdan. It is located very convenient if you have to go meetings in the Borchette Centre or in any of the other EU institutions and it’s easy to get there with the airport-bus to and from Schumann (4 euro each way). Also, at Place Jourdan there is a small Carrefour and several restaurants. The hotel room was clean, the staff was fairly polite and the room was okay. The bathroom had L'Occitane products, a nice touch, but not a bathtub. Wifi worked perfectly. It was an all right stay, although not impressive, and the room was not luxurious as you would expect considering the brand and – let’s not forget – the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Annarejser,

Thank you fo sharing your experience on the Trip advisor forum due to your recent stay at the Sofitel Brussels Europe.

I completely agree with you that the location of the hotel is actually one of the best where we could find in the european neighbourhood.

I have noted as well that your comment regarding the size of the room which you would have expected differently. Kindly be informed that besides the classic or superior rooms which you may have decided less spacious, our property has also provided our guests 12 spacious suites with a most resonable price.

Shall your business bring you back to Brussels, please do not hesitate to contact me via nathapong.laorvong@sofitel.com so that I would be pleased to a special room rate in order to book you one of our spacious suites.

I thank you once again for having the Sofitel Brussels Europe, hoping that we would have another opportunity to welcome you back for another Sofitel Experience

Front Offfice Manager
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, on a businesstrip. It s located perfectly for visiting the european centre, near the railway station Brussel sud ( 10 euro by taxi). The city centre is easy to reach by tube. The hotel is very luxurious, without ever being "over the top". Great service, excellent breakfast. The room was very comfortable, quite luxurious. The bathroom was especially nice: big, modern, with a very nice double shower.. Brilliant ! I liked the extra s, like the bathrobe, slippers etc ... The hotel is also suited for citytrips / leisure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Rannig,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice comments and feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor

We are delighted to hear that you were happily satisfied with your stay, especially with our service quality, the staff, location and the comfort in the room. Our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another Sofitel experience

Front office manager
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travel to Brussels frequently for business, pleasure, and in transit to other destinations. Previously, I stayed in a variety of hotels in the city based on a number of factors including cost, location, and familiarity with the brand. I visited the Sofitel Brussels, Europe in April 2012 and this was my first experience with Sofitel. The hotel is routinely ranked in the top 2 or three hotels in Brussels. I was curious to see if the hotel was worthy of such accolades. After a brief 3 night weekend stay, I concluded the hotel is certainly one of the most luxurious in Brussels. It could certainly function as my everyday hotel. However, high weekday prices and and somewhat frosty service detract from what is otherwise a truly lovely hotel. I am sure I will return to this hotel but probably only for special occasions.

I arrived at the hotel, which sits on a moderately busy, but pleasant street in Brussels. The street has a great deal of parking (I have no idea if it public or private) as well as two-way traffic. Bellman immediately assisted me with my luggage. The lobby is large, bright, and comfortable with a varied color scheme. Despite being busy the hotel did not seem hurried. Check-in was a bit slow and I cannot say it was particularly friendly. I understand that different people have different ideas of what is friendly and professional but no one welcomed me to the hotel, asked if it was my first time at the hotel or in Belgium, offered to have my join the loyalty club, etc. While reception staff did their job, it certainly did not encourage me to come ask them questions, etc.

I tried to ask some questions about a nearby bank and I was in need of a pharmacy. Neither of these questions got satisfactory answers so I had to go in search of the bellmen (concierges?) who did eventually answer my questions and were reasonably friendly. They also arrange reliable taxis and referred me to the excellent Scheltema Brassiere.

Despite the mildly off-putting check-in, I loved the rooms. They were comfortable, functional, and everything I would expect from a hotel of this quality. Water pressure and internet signal were reliable and I had a lovely view of the outside street. The lounge chair and bed were very comfortable. They grey colour scheme may come across as somewhat drab in photos but I can say rooms are warmer and more vibrant in person. Rooms also come with a generous selection of international channels and luxuriously appointed bathrooms. Rooms were spotlessly clean and tidy. Rooms and other hotel facilities I used certainly met the 4/5 star level.

I struggled with whether to award the hotel 4 or 5 stars on the TripAdvisor scale as it is right on the line in my opinion. Ultimately, I decided that the 300+ USD prices for weekday rates, particularly when EU institutions are in session as well as the very mediocre reception service left this as a very good 4 star property with the potential to be 5. I will be happy to return when I want a touch of luxury in Brussels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sat800V,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at the Sofitel Brussels Europe

On behalf of the head of department, kindly be informed that your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. I thus thank you again for having shared us your experience

Would you please so kind sending me an email via nathapong.laorvong@sofitel.com? so that I could conduct a full investigation with an ambassor related in order to better understand the situation and avoid such reoccurence in the future. As you have mentioned making a decision on the friendliness of an employee is pretty subjective and I would rather to investigation for a further improvement or/and a corrective action.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels

Best regards,

Front office manager
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is an absolutely beautiful modern hotel. The rooms are huge, as are their spotless modern bathrooms. The most comfortable hotel bed I've ever experienced - heaven. And, most importantly of all - for the first time in 18 months of near constant business travel the receptionist apologised for the inconvenience of my room access card not working! Really love this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Careebee,

It's been a pleasure having an oppotunity to welcome you and heard that you did have a pleasant stay especially when you have mentioned that it was your first stay in the area in 18 months. We strongly believe that you would consider us on the list whenever you plan your future visit.

I have noted your comment in regards to the room card which was not working properly. Please rest assured that your constructive comments are shared straight away to our Chief Engineering for a corrective action.

Front Office manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was modern and elegantly decorated while being a quick metro ride from more touristy locales. Breakfast ranked as one of the best in Europe. Food selections were highly diverse and of excellent quality. I was impressed by the way the staff maintained the buffets and were also meticulous about cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathapong L, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Brussels Europe, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mr David G,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay at Sofitel Brussels Europe.
It is a great pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy a nice stay with us especially when you have mentioned

KIndly be informed that your compliment regarding our breakfast choices, the cleanliness and the services are shared straight away to the departments concernece. I strongly believe that our ambassadeurs will be more than happy hearing that. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another Sofitel experience

Best regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Sofitel Brussels Europe? Share your experiences!