I visited this location (Puerta del Sol building 13th floor 2 bdrm) as a side trip during the week (Tuesday through Thursday) when I was staying in Valparaiso. It was completely worth the 1 hour+ bus ride from Valparaiso bus terminal. I knew I wanted to be at the world's largest pool and just relax while hearing the waves of the ocean from my balcony. That is exactly what I did but I must make the following recommendations since not everyone may want my peaceful/ no noise days away from the city:
1) THIS IS NOT A HOTEL. Read your online booking information carefully as you can request sheets and other items. These are expensive. If you are traveling by car you should bring your own but it is worth the expense if you don't want to bother with bulky traveling items.
2) ASK ABOUT POOL OPENING TIMES, GYM TIMES, ETC. I went in low season during the week BEFORE the Easter holiday when people would begin to arrive. Therefore, all facilities were CLOSED for the three days I was there. Pools (heated and not heated) were being cleaned and prepared for the incoming crowds. Also inquire about equipment if you do not bring your own (kayak?). The equipment on site belongs to residents there. You can always make friends and ask to borrow right?
3) ASK ABOUT HOW TO GET YOUR KEYS, WHAT TIME, FROM WHOM/WHAT OFFICE? - I received specific instructions on getting them from the main office.
4) EXPLORE OTHER TOWNS NEARBY IF THE FACILITIES ARE CLOSED OR WEATHER DOES NOT COOPERATE - Since I had cloudy days and it was a bit chilly, I decided to visit Isla Negra/ Pablo Neruda's home/museum. It was a short bus ride (20 mins) and the bus stops right outside of the building gates/entrances.
5) TRANSPORTATION - if arriving by bus to the main terminal in Algarrobo you can take a taxi or a bus to the San Alfonso del Mar apartments. Taxi is more expensive but faster.
6) FOOD - there are about three restaurants within walking distance from the apartments. Only one was open while I was there. Please call in advance to find out if they are open. Of course you can make your own meals in the apartment rental. That wasn't my plan since I traveled by bus and carried necessary items like clothes, sheets, pisco, wine, and baked goodies with manjar.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your San Alfonso del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Alfonso Del Mar Hotel Algarrobo
- San Alfonso Del Mar Chile/Algarrobo